- Role type
Sterling Heights, MI
Ricardo Defense has an opening for an experienced Quality Technician. Located at our plant in Sterling Heights, MI this Quality Technician role is a broad-based position to quality functions at the operations level. It is a unique opportunity for a quality professional to be responsible for multiple critical areas simultaneously.
The Quality Technician position hours are Monday through Friday 7am to 3:30 pm. The position typically does not have overtime and starting pay is $20 an hour plus benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and complete quality inspections, logs, layered audits, etc.
- Monitor operator work stations and assist with 5s program
- Perform basic part checking
- Conduct finished good audits
- Understand and comply with Quality Management System work instructions and procedures
- Knowledgeable in measuring and testing parameters
- Data collection
- Performing failure and routine analysis
- Assessing customer complaints
- Evaluation of data and report drafting
- Ability to identify areas for improvement
- High School education
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to work without supervision
- A desire to work on continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and stay on feet for long period of time
- Tremendous follow-through and organizational skills
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.