ESG and Sustainability Reporting Associate Director
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- London, Oxfordshire (Harwell), Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
Role: ESG and Sustainability Reporting Associate Director
Location: London, Oxford, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Shoreham / Hybrid
Role ID: 2024-2235
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
At Ricardo, our vision is to foster a safe and sustainable world. We are a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consultancy dedicated to helping our clients address complex challenges and work towards a sustainable future.
As an ESG and Sustainability Reporting Associate Director, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our vision. Your leadership will be crucial in guiding clients from diverse sectors as they navigate and address pressing ESG challenges. Leading by example, you will showcase hands-on expertise in conducting thorough materiality assessments and crafting comprehensive sustainability and annual reports.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following competencies and experience:
- Materiality assessment expertise: Significant experience in conducting materiality assessments (including impact, financial, and double materiality) and gap analysis.
- ESG reporting knowledge: Extensive knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and standards (e.g. GRI, ISSB, SASB, CSRD, ESRS, TCFD, TNFD), industry-specific sustainability challenges and emerging trends.
- Proven track record: Demonstrated success in managing and delivering complex ESG projects.
- Stakeholder engagement: Proficiency in leading stakeholder engagement processes, including interviews, surveys and workshops, to gather valuable inputs for materiality assessments.
- Client relationship building: Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships, fostering trust and confidence.
- Leadership skills: Demonstrated leadership skills in mentoring and guiding junior consultants.
- Sector experience: Previous experience in sectors such as automotive, chemicals and manufacturing is beneficial.
The Successful candidate will need to have the following skills and behaviours:
- Analytical proficiency: Excellent analytical skills with the ability to assess ESG data and metrics, identifying trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Effective communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear annual reports.
- Project management: Proficiency in project management, including the ability to manage, coordinate, and prioritise activities to ensure the timely and budget-conscious delivery of deliverables.
- Regulatory awareness: Staying current with evolving global sustainability and ESG regulations, disclosure requirements and industry best practices. Strong knowledge and applicability of reporting requirements at the UK and EU levels are essential.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to evolving ESG landscapes and industry-specific challenges while maintaining a collaborative mindset to work effectively with a team of sustainability experts.
- Collaborative leadership: Adapt at providing leadership and expertise in materiality assessments and sustainability reporting while maintaining a collaborative mindset to work effectively with a team of sustainability experts.
- Flexibility: A flexible approach, with the ability to support colleagues and juggle various tasks in a fast-paced operational environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as the client lead for key projects, building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive ESG materiality assessment strategies (including impact, finance and double materiality) tailored to each client's unique needs.
- Lead stakeholder engagement exercises including conducting interviews, surveys and workshops to gather valuable input for materiality assessments.
- Oversee the analysis of ESG data and metrics, identifying trends, risks and opportunities relevant to each client.
- Create detailed materiality assessment reports that provide actionable insights and recommendations for clients and ensure alignment with ESG reporting standards.
- Write sustainability and annual reports that provide clear insights and adhere to ESG reporting standards.
- Collaborate with clients to integrate material ESG issues into their corporate strategies.
- Stay up to date with evolving ESG regulations and industry best.
- Lead the development of client proposals covering materiality and ESG services, ensuring alignment with client needs and objectives.
- Mentor and guide junior consultants, providing leadership and expertise in ESG materiality assessments.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.