- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time
- Madrid, London
- Closing Date
Role: Principal Ecotoxicologist
Location: Hybrid / Partial Remote
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
Role ID: 2023-2126
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
At Ricardo, we offer an environment where your expertise will thrive, your creativity will flourish, and your contributions will directly impact industries that drive progress and positive change.
We are looking for an experienced technical consultant to join our Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology Team (ECT) to join our team. The ECT team plays a crucial role supporting chemical regulatory and policy teams, specialising in ecotoxicology, chemical persistence, environmental fate, and risk assessment, providing world-class expertise.
In this role, you'll collaborate with experts from various fields within Ricardo and work with academic, industry, and regulatory partners. Your contributions will help both public and private sector customers in promoting the safe and sustainable use of chemicals. It's an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to make a meaningful impact.
We are actively looking for applicants with a range of experience and specialised knowledge to help us strengthen our team. We welcome your unique expertise and perspective. Join us in making a positive impact.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following:
- Educated to Master’s degree level or higher in environmental toxicology, chemistry, biology or a related discipline with a minimum of five years’ post-graduate experience.
- Extensive technical knowledge across ecotoxicology, environmental fate, exposure assessment, toxicity prediction and modelling, data analysis and statistics, analytical methods, scientific writing.
- Hazard and risk assessment of chemicals in an EU regulatory context (e.g., REACH, BPR, WFD etc).
- A track record of scientific excellence, including publishing and presenting research, either independently or in collaboration with other partners or institutions.
- Able to manage one’s own workload but also work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
- Influencing and the ability to communicate complex information to different audiences.
Your role will involve:
- Delivering technical excellence in hazard and risk assessment of chemicals for Ricardo clients.
- Managing the delivery of projects, providing support and oversight for junior staff.
- Team leadership responsibility for several direct reports, enabling growth, development and engagement across the team.
- Enhancing the Ricardo ECT team’s reputation through engagement in scientific research activities.
- Providing input and support to strategy and business development activities.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.