- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role Profile: Operations Director
Location: Athens, Greece
Role ID: 2023-2156
E3Modelling (part of Ricardo plc) is a leading management consultancy; a team of experienced consultants, analysts and modellers specialising in providing consultancy services based on advanced empirical modelling of the energy-economy-environment nexus.
We are currently looking for a highly capable Operations Director to support the growth of E3M across the energy, environment, and economy sectors, to be based in our Athens office. This is a key leadership role responsible for optimizing operations, driving leading teams and collaborating with Directors and other enabling functions (HR, Finance etc) to shape the consultancy's future.
You will be responsible for driving a culture of operational excellence in project delivery and overall performance achievement. You will be a leader with a hands-on approach to ensure a high quality of operational efficiency and service delivery; building and maintaining effective operations and a collaborative, engaged team culture within the business.
This role offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization's success.
- Collaborate with the E3M Director to develop systems and optimise operational processes and controls to facilitate growth and improve operational efficiency, whilst ensuring an excellent client service.
- Monitor operational performance and prepare detailed reports on both current and future forecasted performance. Establish corrective measures as needed.
- Oversight and ownership of business and systems compliance, internally and externally.
- Deliver certification in ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001.
- Lead and inspire cross-functional teams, fostering collaboration and innovation.
- Develop leadership talent within the organization.
- Collaborate with project managers to forecast future demands, resource allocation, and timelines. Support business development strategies and activities, with oversight and management of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, ensuring data integrity.
Implement training and development programs and foster a culture of continuous learning.
Key competencies and experience
- Leadership experience in management consultancy ideally with an environmental and/ or modelling focus.
- Demonstrated success in driving growth and operational excellence.
- Experience of managing financial performance.
- Understanding of the challenges regarding large scale model development and applications.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Proficiency in project and program management.
Skills and behaviours
- Purposeful with a focus on operational excellence.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Collaborative team player with a deep appreciation team development and operations.
- Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities.
- Resilient and adaptable in a fast-paced, environment.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.