Principal Chemicals Assessor
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time
- London, Madrid
- Closing Date
Role: Principal Consultant - Chemicals Assessor
Location: UK (Hybrid) & Madrid, Spain (Hybrid)
Role ID: 2023-2064
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
At Ricardo, we offer an environment where your expertise will thrive, your creativity will flourish, and your contributions will directly impact industries that drive progress and positive change.
Come join our expanding Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology team as a Chemical Assessor. Your role either as a Senior or Principal Consultant, depending on experience, will focus on addressing key challenges in the hazard and risk assessment regulations of chemicals.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with leading experts across Ricardo’s multidisciplinary organisation, and externally with academic, industry and regulatory partners. This role offers a wonderful opportunity to contribute to the safe and sustainable use of chemicals. We are actively looking for applicants with various levels of experience and specialised knowledge to help us strengthen our team. We welcome your unique expertise and perspective. Join us in making a positive impact.
This role is a hybrid position as the candidate would be expected to commute to one of our UK offices (if based in the UK) or our Madrid office (if based in Madrid).
We encourage you to apply for this this role if you have the following:
- Educated to Master’s degree level or higher in environmental toxicology, chemistry, biology or a related discipline with a minimum of five years’ post-graduate experience.
- Experience with hazard and risk assessment of chemicals in an EU regulatory context (e.g., REACH, BPR, PPP, etc).
- A track record of scientific excellence, including publishing and presenting research, either independently or in collaboration with other partners or institutes.
- Specialist expertise in specific technical areas or classes of chemicals.
- Ability to communicate complex information to different audiences.
Your role will involve:
- Delivering technical excellence in hazard and risk assessment of chemicals for Ricardo clients.
- Managing the delivery of projects, providing support and oversight for junior staff.
- Enhancing the Ricardo ECT team’s reputation through engagement in scientific research activities.
- Providing input and support to strategy and business development activities.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.