Poison Centre Product Manager
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 40 years ago, is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 4,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 550 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team.
One of our fastest growing areas is that of Poison Centre compliance around the Classification, Labelling & Packaging (CLP) legislation. NCEC is seen as experts in this field in the market for a number of years and have now conducted 1000’s of notifications for a growing number of customers. We have work to deliver and an excellent pipeline of opportunities and are looking for the right person to come and lead our activity in this area which we have high ambitions for. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to come and make an impact in an important area of our business.
This role is to support and develop our Poison Centre’s product area delivery. It’s a wide role with a lot of variety. One day you could be on a call with a customer as a regulatory expert, and the next you could be supporting on the development of a webinar on the latest legislative developments.
About you – we’re looking from someone with a science qualification or a chemical industry background who is looking to grow and create a career within a fast paced and challenging environment.
We believe in career development and learning from day one. A new chemistry graduate or someone looking to take that step from a lab environment or the chemical industry to business and industry management would be an ideal candidate.
- Customer focus – collaborating with and supporting our sales teams and account management as required.
- Product and project management – making sure that projects are completed accurately, within budget, and on time.
- A great Team Leader – able to motivate those around you to deliver to our internal and external customers.
Key competencies and experience:
- Great communications skills – happy presenting your technical expertise and services at conferences, in webinar, presales meetings and client meetings. Within the business you will keep the wider team and stakeholders up-to-speed with progress seeking support and guidance as required
- Excellent project management and customer management skills - allowing you to manage our Poison Centre clients proactively, delivering excellence and winning repeat business, demonstratable skills in project/product management are essential.
- Independent working, in a fast moving environment this is key, adaptability and flexibility are important.
- Knowledge or experience of chemistry and/or chemical regulations. (We offer training and support to upskill you if you are not an expert today in Poison Centres or regulatory affairs)
Skills and behaviours:
- We’d like someone who is organised, methodical, with great attention to detail. Experience managing projects & workloads is ideal, though a project management qualification isn’t necessary however desirable.
- Commercial and customer awareness is something that we can help you with, so we’d like someone who is willing to learn and is confident in presenting their ideas.
- Data handling is an important part of the poison center work, so confidence with information & Excel skills are required.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.