Senior Safety Assurance Manager
- Role type
Ricardo are looking for a highly capable Senior Safety Assurance Manager to join our technical team to support our rapidly growing business needs to provide Engineering Safety services including Independent Safety Assessment. This position may be based in either Sydney or Melbourne. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Prepare and develop strategies / plans to deliver Safety Assurance activities as one off activities or through project life cycle stages.
- Prepare assurance arguments and documentation to support engineering design documentation and delivered assets.
- Facilitate and provide safety support in Design Workshops including the preparation of comprehensive meeting minutes.
- Development of Hazard logs and manage of these to suitable closure including effective transfer of hazards to appropriate stakeholder.
- Represent Safety Assurance concepts and arguments to stakeholders
- Carry out qualitative and quantitative risk assessment and provide documented results
- Develop and deliver risk models using contemporary techniques include cause/ consequence models and FTA.
- Develop and deliver options assessments to support arguments that safety has been managed SFAIRP.
- Provide guidance and support on Engineering Safety and Systems Assurance to engineering staff within Ricardo Rail Australia and to client and supplier representatives;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering;
- Extensive railway background with 10 years’ professional experience as a Safety Assurance Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or providing safety input to hazard identification / risk workshops;
- Experience in projects that deliver following the Systems Engineering life cycle and appropriate models including the Vee lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability in the application of safety-related standards such as ISO/IEC 61508 Functional Safety of EEPE Safety Related Systems, and EN 50126/ 8/9 Specification and demonstration of RAMS to the design of systems and tools within an operational or project environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of safety responsibilities under Rail Safety National Law and WHS legislation.
- Experience as a Lead ISA role or equivalent in the past 5 years
- Chartered Engineer or capacity to become chartered
- 5 years experience in Communication Based Train Control systems or equivalent rail projects.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/