Senior Consultant – Environmental Assessment and Planning
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Bristol, London, Manchester
Do you want to work for a leading international environmental sustainability consultancy?
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining water, energy, waste, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work. We offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Water & Environment practice of Ricardo Energy & Environment, offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, utilities and developers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Consultant with proven UK based environmental planning and leadership experience to join our planning and EIA team. We have offices nationally and are flexible for this role to be based at one of the following locations; London, Manchester or Bristol. This role will work alongside other senior managers and can be a full or part time position.
You will have the opportunity to project manage a variety of exciting projects within the Water & Infrastructure sectors (water, rail, housing or commercial property) and play an integral role in the continued growth and success of the business. You will lead and manage your own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy from budget control, leading projects, generating new business and nurturing existing client relationships. There will be opportunity for you to take on significant responsibility and progress your career in your chosen direction.
Key experience and attributes:
- Degree qualification in a relevant Planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute);
- Relevant postgraduate qualification;
- Existing member or working towards Chartered Membership of the RTPI;
- Highly experienced with an in depth practical working knowledge of the UK planning system, ideally of infrastructure projects.
- Strong technical ability with experience in planning policy, planning application and related areas including Environmental Impact Assessments and other impact assessments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organisational and numerical skills;
- Proven experience of project management, budget control and leading projects;
- Strong team working capabilities;
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations;
- A focus on results and project delivery;
- Commercial focus;
- Proficient in winning work and client management;
- Demonstrated experience of business development;
- Excellent stakeholder and regulatory communications and management skills; and
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.