Crisis Placement Student
- Role type
Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy and Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise and is the owner of the National Chemical Emergency Centre. NCEC has a 40+ year reputation as a premium provider of global chemical emergency response provision.
What does this mean – in short our team save people’s lives and protect the environment, assets and organisations reputations on a daily basis. This aligns to Ricardo’s vision of ‘a world it for the future’ and Ricardo Energy & Environment’s vision of a world where we can all live sustainably. Ultimately you would be working for a company that does
NCEC works with global client base including 50% of the world’s top 100 chemical manufacturers and many other public and private sector clients. NCEC wishes to further develop its crisis management business and is looking for the right individual to lead its offerings to the market place.
Ricardo has won several significant long-term crisis and emergency response projects both in the UK and Europe and is looking to expand the crisis consultancy team.
Ricardo Energy & Environment are seeking a placement student within Crisis Management/Business Continuity to support in the delivery crisis consultancy projects working alongside our Senior Consultants.
The role will therefore include a spectrum of activities including working alongside the existing Senior Consultant for Crisis Management to develop Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Crisis Management business, which we have strong growth aspirations for. This opportunity is therefore ideal for someone looking to development their practical crisis and business continuity skills.
- Specific tasks will be dependent on your level of experience, but are likely to include:
- Support senior crisis consultant in the development of exercises and training courses.
- Review crisis, business continuity and emergency response procedures in line with national standards.
- Support senior crisis consultants in the delivery of training courses and exercises.
- Assist senior crisis consultants in the delivery of crisis health checks.
- Maintain Ricardo Energy & Environment’s premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
- You will be responsible for the quality and delivery of your work and will work alongside other consultants including Knowledge Leaders and Business Area Managers to incorporate your contribution into wider project outputs.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Strong knowledge of crisis, business continuity and emergency response.
- Highly organised with effective prioritisation skills.
- Demonstration of good project management skills.
- Effective and proactive team working and team member.
- Good communication and interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, resilience and enthusiasm.
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for the rest of the team.
- A can-do attitude and a desire to support with the growth and development of a new business area.
- Membership with BCI / IAEM / EPS
- This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to develop a successful business stream for Ricardo which already has strong track record in emergency response provision. You will have support from the Ricardo management team and additional investment and development of the team, systems and tools will be made following early successes.
- In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an competitive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.