- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: GL Accountant
Location: Prague - hybrid working
Role ID: 2024-2233
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Automotive and Industrial is one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units and is a trusted global engineering services partner for clean and efficient integrated propulsion and energy systems. Our experience and history over more than 100 years at the forefront of mobility innovation enables us to deliver solutions to the most complex challenges, allowing our customers across all global transport sectors to achieve a sustainable zero-carbon future.
Based at Ricardo Prague’s Technical Centre, you will be responsible for accuracy and integrity of the financial ledgers, preparing and analysing financial reports for our entity based in Italy.
- Maintain the integrity of the financial ledgers and understand fully all accounts and inputs.
- Maintain accruals and prepayments.
- Calculate intercompany recharges and issue invoices.
- Post payroll journals.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Maintain fixed assets register and related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare balance sheet accounts reconciliation and other analysis to ensure accurate and timely financial closing each month and FY on 30th of June.
- Prepare and report accurate half year and full year statutory account packs and analysis on a timely basis.
- Prepare and send out monthly Italian accounting system report to IFRS.
- Report sales performance for (India, Korea, Japan).
Skills and Behaviours
- Fluent in English is a must, Italian is advantage.
- At least 3 years GL accounting experience.
- Sound knowledge of financial ERP system (SAP preferably).
- Highly numerate with attention to detail.
- Be highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work hybrid model (both office and home office).
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 5 weeks of holiday, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.