- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to add to our growing software team in our California, MD office.
This Software Developer will develop and sustain software projects for our Department of Defense customers. This Software Developer opportunity allows for work from home but must be local to the California, MD area to work in our office for various items from time to time.
Only Applicants near or relocating to our California, MD office will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your Software Development Lead to identify opportunities for increased process efficiency, code and module sharing, standardization, and integration
- Identify and follow industry best practices where applicable
- Develop high-value software products derived from system specifications and design
- Support development and conversion of existing XML files and PowerShell scripts
- Develop products with emphasis on minimizing future software sustainment needs
- Create unit tests on new and existing code bases
- Support team collaboration through sprint planning and stand-up sessions
- Conduct product demonstrations to external customer stakeholders
- Experience using modeling software (UML) practices
- Experience with NET Web API, Xamarin, and/or Blazor
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience utilizing Bitbucket, JIRA, and GitLab for tasking and code management
- Database skills such as SQL queries, Entity Framework, data analytics
- Experience supporting Department of Defense products, is considered a plus
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field
- A minimum of one year of professional. post graduate experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a United States Government Secret Security Clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC) is required. Minimum requirement to obtain a secret clearance is US Citizenship. Only applicants able to obtain a clearance will be considered
- Sponsorship for this position is not provided
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 & 2023 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award
Ricardo Defense Inc, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.