Associate Director - Environment and Energy Planning
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Associate Director – Environment and Energy Planning
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Role ID: 2022-1578
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director – Environment and Energy to join our team in Melbourne.
This role will be responsible for establishing a dedicated Environmental and Renewable Energy statutory planning and approvals offering within Ricardo’s business in Australia. As such, the role requires the incumbent to identify and build relationships with prospective clients within this sector
- Identify and generate new client opportunities.
- Fulfill the role of Client Manager in growing a client base and maintaining clients to secure ongoing profitable projects.
- Lead projects as the main contact for the project team from initial project phase through to delivering project deliverables.
- Act as the technical lead on complex consultancy projects and proposals.
- Coordinate with other project consultants such as architects and builders to determine best practice design outcomes.
- Assist and coordinate with other members of the consulting team in the preparation of project deliverables.
- Prepare reports for all stages of the project from conception to completion.
- Attend meeting with clients to manage projects according to Ricardo’s scope of services.
- Conduct presentations of proposals for prospective clients and/or projects.
- Work with the Ricardo team to deliver a finished product in accordance with service requirements.
- Report any project issues to the Project Manager or Managing Director so that client relations can be addressed early.
- Keep up to date with design software new to the market that will help develop our business.
Key competencies and experience
- Demonstrated complex project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools and reporting.
- Degree qualified in an appropriate field, such as Planning, Urban Planning, Environments.
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business both locally and internationally.
- Solid understanding and experience within consulting.
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated success in budget management, project scoping and delivery.
- Demonstrated business development skills with the ability to win work from new and existing clients.
Skills and behaviours
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project administration skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding time management.
- Team player who is willing to get involved, supporting colleagues to resolve issues and facilitate solutions.
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Create Together, Be Innovative, Aim High, Be Mindful, and aim to lead others towards high standards of behaviour and performance.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.