Operations and Maintenance Advisory Director
- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Operations and Maintenance Advisory Director to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Develop Operations & Maintenance team’s strategy for Ricardo Rail Australia.
- Functional Manager for the O&M advisory group, including to lead, mentor and grow the team by setting goals, targets and managing staff development and performance.
- Participate as an active member of Ricardo Rail Australia’s Senior Management Team
- Develop the profile and assist with business development activities of Ricardo Rail Australia in the areas of O&M advisory.
- Develop operations concepts and rail operational planning documents for major rail projects,
- Provide strategic advice, input and management to successfully plan, budget and manage rail operations, including on driverless networks, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support clients in the development of Operational Requirements, to achieve safety, operability, timetable performance and customer experience outcomes
- Lead the development of key project documentation such as, the Rail Operating Strategy, Project Operating Plan, System Requirements Specification and Technical Solution development
- Lead the provision of operational advice and inputs to support the procurement process including review of contract documents such as Project Scope and Technical Requirements
- Lead the provision of operation readiness inputs such as Operational Readiness Plan, Test & Commissioning Strategy, Trial Running and Trial Operations Strategy
- Influence corridor and rail system design and functionality
- Manage operational issues and constraints, providing expert advice to identify and manage risk
- Lead the development and implementation of railway operation modelling
- Development of operations staffing estimates
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, rail operations or related discipline
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the rail industry, including operations management and planning leadership roles.
- Strong local and international network of O&M contacts
- Past exposure on driver-less networks
- Previous experience in senior management within the rail industry
- Driven and results orientated
- A team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Engages effectively with internal and external stakeholders with the ability to develop strong relationships
- Can effectively prioritise and deliver results under pressure
- Able to adapt to change and use initiative
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 100 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/
Please note we are not currently accepting applications for this position through recruitment agencies.