- Role type
Ricardo are looking for a highly capable Health Safety Environment Quality (HSEQ) Advisor to support the Global HSEQ Manager in the functional areas of HSEQ and to ensure compliance with ISO requirements in order to maintain accreditation and consistent delivery across Australia and Asia.
Ricardo Australia / Asia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Act as regional advisor for all HSEQ requirements and ensure they are delivered throughout the region.
- Ensure compliance to the relevant standards, including ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- Undertake a share of internal management system audits, as identified by the Ricardo Rail Audit program.
- Investigate all near misses and accidents ensuring the root cause is established and lessons are learnt.
- Review of risk assessments for region such as DSE, New and expectant mothers, Young Persons, Homeworkers etc.
- Carry out fire risk assessments and manage any actions arising from the assessments.
- Co-ordinate environmental Aspect and Impacts.
- Ensure site waste is register is co-ordinated.
- Attend HSE committee meetings for the region.
- Production of management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Support HSEQ Manager with in-house HSEQ training.
- Help co-ordinate the global wellbeing programme.
- Carry out regular office and site inspections.
- Upkeep of Ricardo Compliance Hub, ensuring all statutory inspections are up to date and a compliance score is in line of target.
- Co-coordinate customer feedback for the region.
- Carry out Lessons Learnt, with the support of the HSEQ team.
- Administration of corrective and preventative actions.
- Work with the HSEQ team to develop and promote new HSEQ initiatives in line with best in class.
- Provision of regular status reporting to the HSEQ Manager in relation to the trends, status, key issues and actions surrounding the HSEQ function.
- Work with the HSEQ Manager and local HSEQ reps, to identify and fulfil HSEQ training throughout the Ricardo Rail business.
- Understand local regulatory and standards requirements and define their impact on the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in HSEQ focused role, preferability within the engineering or consultancy domain.
- Relevant Health and Safety professional qualification. Minimum NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Working knowledge & experience of health and safety legislation & QM systems.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to liaise with people across the business.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signaling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our regional team consists of more than 200 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients.