Consultant - Independent Assurance
- Role type
- Closing Date
Job Title: Consultant - Independent Assurance
Location: UK (York, Bristol, London, Derby or home-working)
Company: Ricardo Rail
To deliver a wide range of independent assurance projects for Ricardo Rail as part of the Infrastructure assurance team by:
- Delivering independent assurance deliverables in compliance with CSM RA and / or relevant international standards such EN50126, EN50128 or EN50129.
- Supporting business development opportunities
- Interfacing with clients and regulators at both a technical and contractual level.
- Leading and providing input to proposals.
- Leading project delivery.
- Responsible for delivering independent assurance for a wide range of signalling and infrastructure projects to ensure compliance with the CSM RA, EN5016/8/9 and relevant standards.
- Manage projects with responsibility for delivering to timescale, quality and budget and manage the client relationship.
- Producing commercial proposals and liaising with clients to secure work.
- Representing Ricardo Rail at industry events and committees.
- Maintaining your own competence and knowledge to be at the forefront of the railway assurance industry.
- Support process development, guidance document creation and white papers
- Delivering projects to budget, time and quality.
- Systems and safety engineering experience - ability to decompose a system context from project documentation, read and understand standards and understand key element/interfaces.
- Ability to write well structured, high quality reports with clear objectives and conclusions.
- Client focussed – understanding client needs and issues, developing requirements and solutions, managing client expectations and delivering high quality outputs.
- Good communicator, capable of engaging positively with clients and working cooperatively as part of an embedded team.
- Good IT and report writing skills – use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to manage or deliver on a range of projects to time and budget
- Knowledge of the Common Safety Method on Risk Evaluation and Assessment (CSM RA) regulation, EN50126/8/9, or equivalent from another industry.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering safety management.
- Knowledge of hazard identification and analysis techniques and management of hazards through hazard records / hazard logs.
- Working knowledge in HAZOP/HAZID, Fault Tree and Event Tree analysis in a railway environment or similar.
- At least one railway domain competence; Signalling, Infrastructure, Energy, PRM
- Experience in engineering safety management and compliance with EU and UK law relating to engineering safety.
- Experience of working in major rail infrastructure upgrade projects or alternatively, a level of consultancy experience in producing assessment and deliverables for large projects. Relevant experience in industries other than rail will be considered.
- To act as project manager and have a leading role in future transportation projects.
Upto £35,000 p/a salary depending on experience,
25 days holiday plus usual bank holidays,
Buy and sell 5 days holiday,
Permanent Disability Insurance
Access to Perkbox and various other flexible benefits.
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,500 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail is a global multi-disciplinary rail consultancy providing services in expert advice and independent assurance across the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia where we employ c600 consultants working on infrastructure, rolling stock and independent assurance projects.
We provide consultancy and independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across infrastructure and rolling stock to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufacturers, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
We are looking for a dynamic consultant to join our experienced and well-respected Independent Assurance team to support our growing portfolio of work. We are looking for self-motivated staff able to deliver to high quality outputs, sometimes to demanding timescales.