Ricardo Defense - Lead Software Developer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is looking for an experienced Lead Software Developer in Goleta, CA to guide teams through the execution of software development and integration of high-reliability software systems. We are looking for a versatile and enthusiastic Lead Software Developer that can support the Project Manager with a portfolio of projects, lead technical teams and directly tackle difficult engineering problems. This Lead Software Developer position is a critical role for our business and we are looking for individuals that are comfortable working with leadership to determine how to best serve our customers.
As a Lead Software Developer you will provide technical management for a team of developers by giving specific task direction. You will also directly engage in the software product development. Lead Software Developers must work closely with our Project Managers and customers to define project requirements and priorities; establish detailed estimates and plans for execution; coordinate assignments; monitor and report status to customers and Ricardo Defense leadership. This position will require travel to customer sites.
- Bachelor of science in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Seven years minimum of professional experience in software development required
- Ability to obtain a United States Government Common Access Card and Secret Clearance as well as pass a background investigation
- Ability to manage software life cycle tasks ranging from concept development to deployment
- Knowledge of the Vue.js and .Net Core frameworks
- Familiarity with Jira and Bitbucket
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers
- Experience with data architectures, database design, and data integration using relationship modeling, schema mapping tools, analytics schemes (multidimensional databases, stars, cubes) and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes
- A history of successful team leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with United States Department of Defense (DoD) organizations
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service Special Security Agreement'. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.