Senior Consultant - Evaluation
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Glasgow, Shoreham-by-Sea, Bristol, Manchester, London
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Consultant – Evaluation
Location: London, Oxford, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Shoreham - Hybrid
Role ID: 2024-2196
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will help to win, manage and deliver high-profile projects that play an integral role in driving regulatory approaches in UK, rest of Europe and worldwide.
You will use your technical skills to provide insights to support policy decisions, by evaluating process, impacts and the value-for-money of policies and programmes internationally.
You will be primarily involved in ex-post evaluations and research projects, requiring a range of research and analytical skills that include knowledge and experience of Theory of Change; process, impact and value-for-money evaluation frameworks and methods; data collection methods; monitoring; and appraisal methods. We expect you to understand the processes for development of public policy and the methods for evaluating the social, environmental and economic impacts of policies and programmes.
Key Competencies and Experience
- Qualified to at least Master’s degree level in social sciences, with expertise in social research and/or evaluation techniques
- Relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry
- Interest to work as an evaluation expert across diverse thematic areas (e.g., air quality, industrial emissions, chemicals, transport, climate change and other policies)
- An understanding of international best practice for ex post evaluations, His Majesty’s Treasury Magenta and Green Books and others
- The capacity to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Highly numerate, with a track record in performing quantitative and qualitative research, data collection methods and analysis, and demonstrable experience in monitoring and ex-post evaluation of policies and programmes
- Can effectively lead key tasks, setting technical direction and effectively delegating to draw in resources to deliver work effectively and efficiently
- Fluency in English and excellent report writing skills
Desirable Competencies and Experience
- Previous experience in leading or working on proposals and projects for international organisations and/or European Commission and/or national governments
- Project management experience
- Understanding of and track record in how to write winning proposals
- Proficiency in using statistical or mathematical software
- Understanding and experience of a range of theory-based, quasi-experimental and experimental evaluation methods
- Experience and knowledge of environmental policies
- Fluency in other European languages
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.