- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an electrical/Systems Engineer to join our team. This Electrical/Systems Engineer will directly support Ricardo Defense clients on site at the United States Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) in Warren, MI. This role will strengthen Ricardo Defense’s core competencies in military vehicle system architecture and complex systems integration. The Electrical/Systems Engineer will ensure fleet readiness by monitoring obsolescence risks and mitigating them as they arise. The Electrical/Systems Engineer will conduct analyses and work with the client to find solutions to vehicle platform obsolescence issues, to include leveraging predictive digital engineering analytical tools, and supporting subsystem and component redesigns. In addition to obsolescence management, the candidate will be responsible for leading various engineering efforts relating to vehicle electronics.
Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This Electrical/Systems Engineer requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. This position will be located at our customer’s location in Warren, MI. Current requirements are on-site one day a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- A minimum of two years of experience with automotive electrical design
- Manage Diminishing, Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Plan
- Analyze and recommend courses of action for parts that have gone obsolete
- Provide technical feedback to systems engineers and project leaders on all technical aspects of the program to include requirements, design, integration and system performance
- Collaborate with project managers, colleagues, development team members, suppliers and customers to ensure that requirements and expectations are addressed in all phases of the project
- Support the preparation and execution of technical reviews with product teams to ensure requirements are being met throughout the product development cycle
- Communicate effectively with customers as a contributing member of the customer’s project team
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university is prefered
- Five plus years of relevant engineering experience
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations to high level leadership
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is proud to be a 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award Recipient.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.