- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Operations Manager
Location: Adelaide, Australia (Hybrid)
Role ID: 2023-1835
We are pleased to say that Inside Infrastructure is now a part of Ricardo plc, a world class environmental, engineering, and strategic consulting company.
We are looking to further grow Inside Infrastructure's capability in providing water and environmental solutions to our Australian clients as well as further incorporate some of Ricardo plc's leading experience in decarbonisation, ESG and sustainability across industry and government.
We provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative solutions and we continually work to help our clients increase efficiencies, achieve growth, and create a safe and sustainable world.
This role is based in the Adelaide CBD, supporting staff across several locations.
We are currently looking for a highly capable Operations Manager to support the growth of our team working across the water, utilities, mining, and government sectors.
Reporting to the Directors, you will be a dynamic leader with a hands-on approach to ensure a high quality of operational efficiency and service delivery; building and maintaining effective operations and a collaborative, engaged team culture within the business.
- Development and implementation of the operational plan and goals in line with the strategic direction.
- Oversee management, planning and controlling of resourcing activities to ensure service delivery, productivity, and performance.
- Preparation of financial projections and budgets.
- Support business development strategies and activities, with oversight and management of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, ensuring data is input and updated.
- Ownership of Ricardo reporting requirements, ensuring reports are completed within allocated timeframes and to a high standard.
- Work collaboratively with the Directors, other enabling functions (HR, Finance, etc) and Team Leaders across the business to ensure commercial success, and a high standard of service delivery.
- Oversee project financial performance and invoicing.
- Delivering certification in ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001.
- Oversight and ownership of business and systems compliance, internally and externally.
- Supporting the team to maintain day to day operational functionality.
Key competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business, Commerce or similar.
- 7+ years’ relevant experience in a similar role within a consulting environment, or similar services industry.
- Proven experience in budget development and oversight.
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organisational control of operations and customer service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and ability to learn new systems and software quickly.
Skills and behaviours
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong commercial and financial capabilities.
- Well developed customer service capabilities with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships at all levels.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and resilience.
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core of our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programs and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance Program.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.