Energy Modeller - Transport
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
Role: Energy Modeller – Transport
Location: Athens, Greece
Role ID: 2023-1799
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
With the recent acquisition of E3Modelling we have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Athens. Do you have solid technical skills and a strong interest in European and international energy policy, with a special focus on the transport sector?
We are looking for a self-driven, motivated Modeller to join our PRIMES modelling team and work on high-standing consulting projects for international organisations, national governments, and the private sector.
In this position the successful candidate will perform quantitative research in order to support various activities of the energy system models PRIMES and PRIMES-TREMOVE. More specifically, you will:
- Collect, structure, keep up-to-date and analyze large datasets with relevance for energy, economy and transport
- Learn and apply energy demand modelling of the transport sector.
- Hold a BSc and/or MSc degree/PhD in engineering, applied mathematics, computational modelling, operations research, mathematical economics or physics.
- Have proven experience of research and/or work experience on energy systems modelling, mathematical programming, optimization modelling, mathematical economics, transport economics and/or operations research and related quantitative methods.
- Utilise quantitative modelling skills with experience in the development of models and scenarios ideally related to the transport system or a transport mode.
- Demonstrate the ability to use analytical and modelling tools, preferably GAMS or Python for modelling.
- Be an excellent user of MS Office with particular emphasis on MS Excel.
- Be proficient in verbal and written communication in English.
- Have an analytical and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and be eager to learn.
- Work independently and as part of a project team in delivering high quality work.
- Demonstrate writing skills by having authored or co-authored academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English is desirable.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.