Software Program Manager
- Role type
Automotive and Industrial is one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units and is a trusted global engineering services partner for clean and efficient integrated propulsion and energy systems. Our experience and history over more than 100 years at the forefront of mobility innovation enables us to deliver solutions to the most complex challenges, allowing our customers across all global transport sectors to achieve a sustainable zero-carbon future.
You will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of complex engineering projects to a diverse list of global customers in the Automotive and Industrial sectors. You will work with industry recognized experts to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
This role Interfaces between members of the Ricardo engineering team and the Business Development team from the time of program award, through to program delivery to execute a project according to client expectations and corporate requirements.
You will ensure excellent two-way communication of expectations, requirements, and delivery of results against project targets, developing timelines, and managing project teams.
The Software Program Manager is the key customer contact and has full responsibility for delivering the operational, technical, and commercial outcomes for both Ricardo and the Customer, through effective management of all the business resources within Ricardo and suppliers.
- You will work directly with customer and/or Ricardo engineers to understand the scope of the project and to ensure that all objectives are known and achievable
- Support the lead qualification processes by scoping and documenting customer’s requirements
- Leadership of Engineering and Project management in developing a compelling and competitive proposal
- Supporting Business Development in closing deals through refining our offer based on customer discussion and supporting the Business Development negotiation process
- Ensure projects are delivered in adherence to Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures
- Monitor project progress, resources, tools, materials, expenses, and schedules; resolves discrepancies and bring issues to management’s attention, if needed
- Managing and monitoring project scope and leading customer negotiations on changes
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all project participants including clients, vendors, Ricardo leadership, and other departments and engineering staff
- Monitors and supervises daily activities, sets priorities to ensure task completion, focus on departmental objectives.
- 10 - 15 years' related experience
- A degree in engineering or a software related discipline
- Experience in developing connected and/or automated vehicle software
- Experience in requirements management and software architecture design
- Experience in leading teams or projects in Agile development environment
- Experience in functional testing and integration of automotive software
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalized approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Our core benefits include paid vacation time off, emergency/sick time, plus 14 holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision plus 401k. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application, if qualified, a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado, New York, Washington, California: $104,083 - $143,377
Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience