Operations and Finance Assistant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Operations and Finance Assistant
Location: UK Flexible
Salary range: £26,800- £30,000
Role ID: 2022-1539
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for an Operations and Finance Assistant to join our Emergency Response team team.
The successful candidate will support the accounts and operations management team to ensure project management activities are completed effectively.
The focus of this role is to ensure the process of subscription renewals and activities around invoicing and debt collection are completed in a timely and accurate fashion. Liaising with other parts of the business including the finance team, sales and customer service team is critical to ensure the processes are optimised.
A key aspect of the role will be using our client relationship management database (CRM), alongside an Excel workbook specifically tailored to the Emergency Response business area. The role will cover a broad range of activities, including elements of problem solving and securing subscription renewals.
- Ensuring Emergency Response records are up to date on our client database such as company information, client communication, sales opportunities, and invoices.
- Processing of new accounts, sales opportunities, raising invoices and supporting debt collection.
- Managing and maintaining renewal subscriptions, inviting renewals in advance.
- Handling small contract changes and client letters of amendment.
- Supporting account management queries by handling any exceptions to the renewals process, where clarification is required.
- Assisting with queries from the central finance team relating to outstanding invoice payments, payment issues and accruals.
- Ad hoc requests (handing supplier questionnaires, client requests for documentation)
- Engaging with various teams in the business area to support development and improvement of ER processes
Skills and behaviours:
- Highly organised with a strong level of accuracy and meticulous approach
- Reliable self-starter who can multi-task and manage tasks efficiently
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation
- Committed to seek and implement solutions to develop and improve service delivery, taking full ownership of the process
- Experience of working with finance systems and processes
- Experience working with renewal subscriptions would be beneficial but is not essential as training will be provided
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.