PR and Media Officer
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role Title: PR and Media Officer
Location: Flexible - Harwell, London, Bristol, manchester, Glasgow, Hybrid working
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
Are you a passionate and experienced individual seeking to work with a social and innovative communications and engagement team, as a press and media officer? If so, apply within!
Ricardo’s Energy & Environment business unit is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong digital and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award-winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are seeking a dedicated press and media officer to support in a range of communications activities on behalf of both Ricardo and our customers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your experience and capabilities to help raise awareness of solutions to some of the world’s most challenging environmental issues. You will use your creative copywriting capabilities to develop compelling content that helps to achieve the communication objectives of our customers and supports Ricardo in developing its brand as a leading environmental consultancy.
To be successful you will be a confident and creative copywriter with a passion for stories that can have a demonstrable impact.
- Copywriting for press releases, blogs, marketing papers, case studies, newsletters and other copy-focused materials.
- Develop and implement the Energy and Environment PR plan and ensure alignment with the wider Ricardo Group PR plan.
- Engage with journalists and other media contacts to support distribution of Ricardo and customer content.
- Engage with customers to develop content briefs and deliver a range of copywriting-based activities on behalf of our customers (as part of projects).
- Reporting on the effectiveness of content-marketing activities.
- Proofreading and technical editing of documents, such as reports and marketing collateral.
Key competencies and experience:
- Customer focused – you enjoy directly engaging and understanding customer objectives and communication challenges. Your writing approach is one focused on customer benefits.
- Comfortable at synthesising information - You can distil (often complex) technical content into engaging narratives that help to raise awareness of our organisation’s capability and that contribute to building the Ricardo brand.
- A people person – you enjoy working with a diverse range of people and enjoying helping them to solve communication challenges.
- Tenacious and proactive – you’re comfortable pursuing the opportunity for a good story, and enjoy using your excellent people skills to engage a range of people across the business – helping to make developing press releases a comfortable and straightforward process for them.
- This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Flexibility Wellbeing and Work- life Balance
- We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that’s working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
- Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Statement
- Ricardo Energy & Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here.
- We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can.
- As part of our commitment to engage positively and proactively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident’ employer.
- Our Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
- Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.