Business Development Director
- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Business Development Director to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges. Reporting directly to the Business Manager Australia you will be responsible for;
- Developing and researching new growth strategies and plans by identifying and mapping business strengths and client needs.
- Align business development processes and procedures to achieve the goals and business objectives of Ricardo.
- Manage and drive business development activities across Australia and New Zealand, including relationship management with clients and actively seeking new business opportunities.
- Bid and tender management, including creating of the methodology documentation, resource planning and commercial analysis with our established tender team.
- Collaborate and engage with business leaders and stakeholders to support the development of Ricardo's rail sector strategic road map.
- Attending industry relevant networking events, exhibitions and conferences to increase Ricardo's client base.
- Utilising your strong business and commercial acumen in negotiating, drafting and reviewing of contracts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Business.
- 5+ years previous experience in Business Development or leadership positions.
- Previous experience in Business Development in the rail sector with demonstrated success in major rail infrastructure and rolling stock projects.
- Thorough market knowledge of major rail infrastructure and rolling stock local and international trends.
- Driven and results orientated
- A team player with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to enable you to influence at various levels
- High level strategy development, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver results under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and use initiative
- Self-motivated leader with the ability to drive employee engagement
- Excellent business acumen
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/