- Role type
- Full time, Part time
- Flexible, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our clients to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
As part of our expertise, we operate the National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 45 years ago. NCEC is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 8,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 600 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team. What does this mean – in short our team save people’s lives and protect the environment, assets and organisations reputations on a daily basis. This aligns to Ricardo’s vision of ‘a world it for the future’ and Ricardo Energy & Environment’s vision of a world where we can all live sustainably. Ultimately you would be working for a company that does real good.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and crisis consultancy and notification.
NCEC has delivered double digit growth in the last three years and have continually been building our account management team as a result of this growth. We are now looking for the right individual to join our existing account management team and make their contribution to this growth by building relationships with existing and new clients. The key objective of this role is to provide excellent account management support to the customer service team, seeking opportunities to up and cross sell our services, whilst maximising customer retention. Secondary is to maximise the client relationships to derive key market and competitor insights to define further product development and business growth.
Ultimately the role is account growth and development, the individual will demonstrate key commercial awareness, and business development capability within an existing account network. This will include opportunity identification, needs analysis, proposition development, negotiation and close, all whilst demonstration excellent levels of relationship building and maintenance. This role will require working closely with our customer service team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career with potential to progress within NCEC and Ricardo Energy & Environment. Working with Customer Service and Account managers you will benefit from developing under the guidance, skills and experience of our team. We will consider flexible working for this role, including part time working.
This role will form part of NCEC’s Sales Team, reporting directly to the Head of Account Management.
- Account Development – the account manager will be working directly with allocated accounts to develop these, both in terms of up sell and cross sell. Opportunities will be identified and developed through forging strong, close working relationships with the clients, and through proactive lead development activity and managed through to close. This will include account retention.
- Account management - The Account Manger will help implement specific activities which support the account management strategy; to ensure client satisfaction and efficiency of delivery, communications and service management. There will be an emphasis on external communications in order to raise the profile and leverage cross sell/up sell opportunities
- Engagement- The Account Manager will focus on engaging directly with the client base to achieve the above, and also to identify key market insights, including market trends, regulatory challenges and competitor activity. They will input into the business development strategy internally which ensures we are demonstrating our value and differentiation versus our competitors, whilst identifying new product development opportunities. This includes the opportunity to cross sell wider R:EE products and services.
- Managing risk - They will act on any issues affecting prompt payment, satisfaction, long-term retention, etc. recognising, and where possible, preventing any risks arising from non-standard delivery.
- Guidance - The Account Manager will liaise with internal teams whose roles relate to service delivery, e.g.: emergency responders, procedures, data, accounts and sales teams to advise and provide guidance on elements of Account Manager enabling others to deliver a high-quality service.
Key competencies and experience:
You should be able to demonstrate the below criteria;
- Broad experience of Account Management sales, retention best practice
- Demonstrable experience of quickly establishing relationships within accounts and leveraging relationships to achieve personal and business objectives.
- Experience of over-performance against individual account management development and retention targets
- A professional, organised and disciplined individual who has a proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing a large customer base.
- An awareness of how to make effective decisions in a complex delivery environment, balancing the business development objectives with the clients requirements.
- Experience of working within a consultative sales environment, for example within a consultancy, software, or similar environment.
- Experience in working within a risk management, chemical response, regulatory or safety business area.
- Experience working with a CRM system, especially MS Dynamics, would be an advantage
Skills and behaviours:
- An organised, commercially aware, target focused Account Manager professional who appreciates excellent customer service and client relationships are critical to the achieving this.
- A team player able to work with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation, being comfortable and confident in working with clients to ensure they are getting value from our services, and seeking further support opportunities
- Committed to continuous improvement of the business, the service delivery, and the clients risk management.
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and expertise with the team to encourage improvement in the function of the customer service team as a whole
- Comfortable working in a dynamic operational environment, occasionally involving elements of quick decision-making
- Willing to embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behaviour and performance.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.