B2B Marketing Campaign Manager
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: B2B Marketing Campaign Manager
Company: Ricardo Rail UK
Location: London/Home Based
We are the rail consultancy team within the Ricardo group that provides specialist engineering services to help rail clients navigate the industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
We have over 600 rail specialists based either in our own technical centres or working directly from client offices, depots and manufacturing sites, and together we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world’s largest rail administrations to niche component suppliers.
As part of the wider Ricardo group we are also members of a wider community of around 2,900 engineers, consultants and scientists providing strategic, technical and niche manufacturing services for a range of sectors including passenger car, motorsport, rail, clean energy and power generation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual with an interest in engineering and technology and digital marketing who is motivated to learn and grow with the role. The role requires an organised content creator to write and produce various types of downloadable marketing collateral, from long form content such as brochures, sales enablement documentation, case studies to short-form content such as videos, website copy and blog posts to articulate the benefits that we can bring to our rail customers. This role requires building strong interpersonal relationships on a global scale, attention to detail, and project management skills.
You will collaborate with our consultants across the business as well as sales professionals and business development managers, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience. You will then develop the strategies and tactics including the use of keywords to drive organic traffic to our digital content and creating inbound links, as well as monitoring how to improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on click through rates, traffic, and conversions.
We are a small marketing team of currently three individuals but you would join the company at a pivotal time in the growth of the business. We have ambitious growth plans and we seek an individual to move the Marketing Function from effectively a cost centre into a lead generation marketing machine to support the sales team’s activity. This role is at the core of the marketing team and would represent a great opportunity for a strong and independent individual who is looking to take full accountability for building, executing and monitoring a Global Marketing campaign and to help develop a best practice marketing function within the business.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years B2B Marketing experience within a technology organisation.
- Experience in digital marketing. A professional marketing qualification would be helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BEng, or M.Sc. Eng, would be a big plus as would experience within transportation, ideally rail. We need someone who can speak “engineering”. If you don’t have a formal engineering qualification you must be very confident engaging with technical specialists.
- Interest in producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, video, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Develop an overarching content strategy, writing content which you will roll out across the website, social media and email
- Interest in data driven marketing techniques
- Analytical skills to monitor all marketing activity, drive efficiencies and optimise campaigns
- A track record of achieving targets relating to the generation of leads and converting them into a pipeline opportunity
- Experience of marketing automation systems (Microsoft Dynamics ideally) A solid understanding of using CRM systems to provide sound commercial recommendations.
- Experience with content management systems. You will be expected to conceptualize website pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and use dynamic calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific calls-to-action
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Analytics is a must. More advanced analytics tools welcomed
- Experience or interest in SEO/SEM strategies and best practices
- Solid understanding of data security and protection regulations
- Create content driven campaigns
- Roll out campaigns globally and report on campaign effectiveness. As such you will need to liaise with our regional and country managers and help them to localise content appropriately
- Maintain reports on marketing originated and marketing influenced pipeline
- Analyse customer data to identify target client profiles and prioritise campaigns.
- Gather and assimilate rail industry data to report on clients, competitors and market conditions.
- You will be responsible for providing senior management teams with accurate reports of business performance, for maintaining up-to-date analysis of market trends and for presenting recommendations for the targeting of our market campaigns.
- You will also take the lead in building our wider market intelligence system, establishing relationships with our teams in Europe, the Middle East and Asia and helping to identify emerging opportunities in their local rail markets, analysing industry developments and maintaining key account profiles.
- Develop sales collateral to ensure the sales team are armed with the best tools to showcase the proposition and win new clients’ business.
- Up to £65,000 p/a salary depending on experience,
- 25 days holiday plus usual bank holidays,
- Buy and sell 5 days holiday,
- Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Permanent Disability Insurance
- Access to Perkbox and various other flexible benefits.
- Flexible Working