Safety Assurance Manager
- Role type
Ricardo are looking for a highly capable Safety Assurance Manager to support our rapidly growing business based in Melbourne. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Prepare and develop strategies / plans to deliver the Safety Assurance activities through project life cycle stages.
- Prepare assurance arguments and documentation to support configuration change submissions.
- Facilitate and provide safety support in Design Workshops including the preparation of comprehensive meeting minutes.
- Development of Safety Related Application Conditions in Hazard log and effectively transfer these conditions to stakeholder.
- Preparation of and the delivery of safety cases.
- Represent Safety Assurance concepts and arguments to stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and support on Engineering Safety and Systems Assurance to engineering staff within Ricardo Rail Australia and to client and supplier representatives;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering;
- 5-10 years’ professional experience as a Safety Assurance Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or providing safety input to hazard identification / risk workshops;
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering life cycle and appropriate models including the Vee lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability in the application of safety-related standards such as AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management Systems, ISO/IEC 61508 Functional Safety of EEPE Safety Related Systems, and EN 50126/ 8/9 Specification and demonstration of RAMS to the design of systems and tools within an operational or project environment;
- Demonstrated understanding of safety responsibilities under Rail Safety National Law and WHS legislation.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/