Graduate Civil Engineer
- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy Environment & Planning is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental, civil, planning and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The Environmental Infrastructure Graduate Consultant role is part of the Environmental Infrastructure team within Ricardo’s Melbourne team and assumes general responsibilities that pro-actively contribute to the growth of Ricardo’s consultancy capabilities and all other disciplines across the organisation. This includes responsibility for documentation, administration and compliance with project constraints undertaken.
The role will report directly to the team leader of the Environmental Infrastructure team, though will also work closely with the wider leadership team. The role is varied and will include:
- Supervision of construction works on site
- Co-ordination and scheduling of testing materials
- Ensuring consistency in accuracy and timely output of work
- Administration duties
- Attend meeting with clients to manage projects according to Ricardo’s scope of services
- Write specifications and respond to site and construction related queries
- Work with the Ricardo team to deliver a finished product in accordance with service requirements
- Continually strive to improve technical knowledge and encourage team technical discussions
- Keep up to date with design software new to the market that will help develop our business
- Take an active interest in the other disciplines within Ricardo, in order to further develop your specialist skills
- Assist with the presentation of proposals for prospective clients and/or projects
- Assist and coordinate with other members of the consulting team in the preparation of project deliverables
Key competencies and experience:
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Construction Induction Training (White Card);
- Have excellent professional communication skills;
- Have exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to work methodically and thoroughly;
- Have a competent working knowledge of MS office, and experience of or an aptitude to learn new systems;
- Have excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business;
- Have a flexible approach to work activities.
Skills and behaviours:
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player able to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation;
- Be comfortable working on a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment;
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the processes within customer service and operational delivery to be able to propose change and improvements;
- Team worker - willing to get involved, supporting colleagues to resolve issues and facilitating solutions;
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behavior and performance.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.