Data Processor/Data Coordinator
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy and Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise. The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC) sits within the Chemical Risk practice of Ricardo Energy and Environment and has a 40+ year reputation as a premium provider of global chemical emergency response provision. NCEC works with a global client base including 50% of the world’s top 100 chemical manufacturers and a large number of other public and private sector clients.
As part of NCEC’s emergency response helpline, chemical companies display the NCEC emergency telephone number on their chemical product paperwork (typically, safety data sheets “SDS”). These documents are registered by the data team on a bespoke emergency response database, along with instructions (“procedures”) which tell our emergency call handlers how to respond to an emergency call on that company’s behalf. The role of the Data Processor is to ensure that customer data is processed accurately and in a timely manner, the Data Processor will liaise with the delivery team and customers to facilitate this process.
NCEC’s business continues to grow and as we expand our customer base the amount of data that we need to manage also increases, we currently store around 1.8 million customer SDS. Customers send through data regularly either as updates to existing data or as new data when they add products to their ranges. The Data Processor role is essential to the provision of NCEC’s product offering as the work of the Data Processor links directly into the delivery of the Emergency Response service.
The successful applicant will join the delivery team and will be responsible for providing a data processing service to our clients using bespoke databases.
The main role of the Data Processor is to liaise with the delivery team and the Customer with the focus on ensuring that customer data is input accurately and efficiently and that any issues are promptly identified and resolved in order to meet the customer’s expectations.
This includes taking responsibility for the processing, registration, manipulation, storage and associated linking of this data. For example, documents need to be correctly registered against a customer and any impact on their procedures would need to be highlighted. It is essential that customer data is structured so that it is quick and easy for our responders to access in order to provide accurate telephone advice.
- The Data Processor will also conduct data analysis tasks where the aim will be to create visual representations of trends and draw actionable conclusions from NCEC internal metrics.
- The applicant should have degree or A-level qualification in a numerate subject(s) and
- Have data manipulation, processing, analysis and cleaning experience.
- They should also be competent in using a range of software packages.
- Personal attributes such as a high level of attention to detail and effective organisational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal) are all essential for the delivery of this role.
- We are looking for an individual who can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
The Data Processor role supports the activities of the delivery team who are currently the link between the data tasks and the customer contacts. The successful applicant will be working closely with the Head of the Customer Service to enable them to develop their own customer relationships.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Review, edit & prepare data files for data entry
- Ensure data files are accurately entered into bespoke databases in a timely manner
- Verify quality of data entry by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data
- Liaise with customers to request clarification or obtain safety data sheets
- Develop an understanding on how the data sits within the service and how the data tasks impact on other areas of the product such as procedures
- Undergraduate degree or A-levels in a numerate subject(s)
- A proven track record of data entry experience focusing on the speed and accuracy of task completion
- Effective problem solving skills with ability to take responsibility for an issue and show initiative in finding resolution
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational skills in relation to task management and time management
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple data sets whilst meeting customer deadlines through effective prioritisation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of standard office software packages, with a good working knowledge of Excel
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Relevant level of scientific literacy, for example Science GCSE at “C” grade or above
- Knowledge and / or understanding of SDS
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer