Business Resource Efficiency Implementation Advisor
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
Do you want to work for a leading international sustainability consultancy in a growing team?
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an exciting opportunity to join our business resource efficiency team. Reporting through our Infrastructure & Utilities Division, the team works to support businesses to embed energy and resource efficiency through energy savings, reductions in raw material use and more efficient management of waste.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the provision of technical support to businesses, from initial engagement, facilitating the delivery of technical advice by our resource efficiency specialists, through to overseeing the provision of final reports and the delivery of implementation support. The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with a team of business energy and resource efficiency specialists to support the uptake and delivery of on-site resource efficiency support.
- Promote the benefits of resource efficiency to businesses and influence and support them to take action.
- Scope and oversee the delivery on projects while managing client relationships.
- Deliver front-line business advice with a particular focus on overcoming barriers to the implementation of energy efficient solutions.
- Quality check deliverables, outputs and reports related to energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Present on energy efficiency and other resource efficiency topics at training events.
- Provide initial telephone support on energy and resource efficiency.
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors and build relationships internally and externally.
Key competencies and experience:
- Professional experience supporting businesses to enhance their resource efficiency and sustainability.
- Undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) in sustainability or environmental management
- Demonstrable knowledge of energy and resource efficiency opportunities within businesses, with the confidence to discuss the opportunities available to businesses and the ability to translate this into technical support.
- Stakeholder engagement experience including businesses, business support organisations, public sector organisations and voluntary sector organisations.
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate technical reports.
- Able to develop and deliver business improvement projects in the areas of energy and resource efficiency:
- Influencing key decision makers to take action.
- Case load management.
- Project delivery, including liaison with specialist sub-contractors.
- Able to interpret complex issues and data and identify solutions quickly.
- Accurate and appropriate selection, presentation and promotion of information.
Skills and behaviours:
- The successful candidate will be proactive and solutions focused, with a drive and enthusiasm to help our clients.
- Influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team working and able to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Work autonomously and proactively.
- High level of computer literacy, including familiarity with the full Microsoft Office software suite.
- Flexible approach to working activities.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment:
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Our business focus is on eight core areas of environmental consulting expertise: waste management, sustainable business, energy, climate change, air quality, environment (including impact assessment, ecology, agriculture and chemical risk), water management and transport. Our parent company Ricardo plc is a UK-based company with annual turnover over £200m and 100 years heritage. Ricardo has 21 offices worldwide and 2,900 people, approximately 70 per cent being highly qualified multi-disciplined engineers, consultants and technicians.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s head office is located in Harwell, Oxfordshire, and we have additional UK offices in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester and Guildford. The business resource efficiency team is based in Glasgow. Ricardo has international offices in Brisbane (Australia), the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, South Africa and across Europeand Asia.
Ricardo operates according to its accredited quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) management systems. Working in partnership with our customers we help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. In return for your commitment, drive, enthusiasm and adaptability, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field, and support for flexible working. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.