Benefits and Payroll Manager
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We are recruiting for an experienced Payroll & Benefits Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. The role is based in Harwell, Oxfordshire and reports directly to the Financial Controller. They will be responsible for the day to day processing and running of the outsourced payroll (main monthly UK payroll and small international payrolls), defined contribution pension and employee benefits scheme.
- Ensure monthly payrolls are accurately processed by the payroll provider, liaise with them if any issues are identified and that all statutory reporting is processed accurately and on time.
- Proactively manage the relationship with the Company’s payroll providers.
- Review changes to employee terms and conditions which affect pay are accurately reflected in the monthly payroll from the HR system.
- To act upon information received from the HMRC, DWP or any other relevant parties
- Work with relevant Managers and international external payroll specialists to manage the process of providing data and ensuring accurate processing of small international payrolls.
- Ensure operational compliance with payroll submission deadlines
- Input or import variable payroll data
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory financial practices and guidelines relating the payroll, pensions and benefits
- Deal with employee pay queries in a timely and efficient manner; ensuring any actions required are correctly documented.
- Identify any areas for improvement and actively drive any agreed process changes.
- Manage payroll processes to ensure that all relevant information is contained accurately in the HR system and that current procedures and controls are robustly adhered to.
- Ensure all tax reporting requirements are met including P35, P11D, P45 and P60 etc.
- Ensure pension details are up to date uploaded to the Pension provider portal each month.
- Manage the employee benefits system for new starter choices, monthly amendments, leavers and annual exercise including earnings-based assessments and dealing with third parties.
- Provide information to financial auditors
Key competencies and experience:
- Experience of working with outsourced payroll is key with experience of dealing with international payroll beneficial.
- Knowledge of defined contribution pension schemes
- CIPP qualification or similar would be beneficial
Skills and behaviours:
- Accuracy, attention to detail and excellent communication
- Strong customer service orientation that reflects a sense of commitment and ownership.
- Team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholders across the business.
- Confident with excel and Microsoft packages
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.