Ricardo Defense - Lead Software Developer
- Role type
Pax River, MD
Ricardo Defense Inc. is looking for an experienced Lead Software Developer in California, MD to guide teams through the execution of software development and integration of high-reliability software systems. We are looking for a versatile and enthusiastic Lead Software Developer that can assist the Project Manager with a portfolio of projects, lead technical teams and directly tackle difficult engineering problems. This Lead Software Developer position is critical to the success of our business and we are looking for individuals that are comfortable working with leadership to determine how to best serve our customers and identify new business opportunities.
What you will do:
As a Lead Software Developer you will provide technical management for a team of software developers by giving specific task direction. You will also directly engage in the software product development. Lead Software Developers must work closely with our Project Managers and customers to define project requirements and priorities; establish detailed estimates and plans for execution; coordinate assignments; monitor and report status to customers and Ricardo Defense leadership. This position will require travel to customer sites.
Qualifications we Value:
- Ability to manage software lifecycle tasks ranging from concept development to deployment
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers
- Software architecture and enterprise integration experience using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services and Java Messaging Service (JMS)
- Experience with data architectures, database design, and data integration using relationship modeling, schema mapping tools, analytics schemas (multidimensional databases, stars, cubes) and Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes
- A history of successful team leadership and/or business capture activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NASA, USAF, USMC or other United States Department of Defense (DoD) organizations
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Masters degree desired
- Ten years minimum of professional experience in software development required
- Must be able to obtain a United States Government Common Access Card and Secret Clearance as well as pass a background investigation
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a full-service engineering and technology firm that develops customized solutions for government and commercial organizations. Ricardo Defense combines experience, skill, and innovation to bring together leading-edge technologies and engineering to customers who require mission-critical systems. Our core capabilities include designing complex embedded systems and technology-enabled business management solutions.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.