Bid Project Leader
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
You will be accountable for the preparation of the bid and ensuring the quality of the tender submission. You will also ensure that bids are persuasive, responsive to the client’s requirements and are coherent, robust and meet our financial criteria for revenue, labour sales and profit. You will work closely with a technical lead to share responsibility for the bid and will be expected to lead by example by using bidding best practices and will also have a role in coaching and mentoring less experienced technical staff in bidding practice.
- Manage the bid as a project, when appropriate working closely with the technical lead, and colleagues with commercial and financial responsibilities.
- Through discussions with colleagues critically evaluate the commercial risks of the opportunity and agree mitigation strategies.
- Liaise as necessary with senior managers to secure decisions on bid strategy.
- With other key bid contributors, establish our value proposition and differentiators in response to competitive analysis of the opportunity, against client needs/required outcomes.
- Review and critique content as it is produced by the contributors.
- Ensure that the overall document is professionally presented and tells a consistent and clear story.
- Ensure that all relevant quality processes are followed and documented.
- Support capture planning, interview preparation and learning reviews as appropriate.
- Support training and coaching initiatives that propagate bidding skills and commercial accumen.
Key Competencies and Experience:
- Ideally Degree educated and/or APMP Practitioner.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and delivering substantial or complex winning bids to time, quality and budget.
- A background in solutions and services
- Must be comfortable working at Director Level (internal and external customers).
- Sound commercial acumen
- Ability to manage complex, multi-disciplinary opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Understands the importance of processes and controls
- Fully conversant with the consulting marketplace.
Skills and Behaviours
- Competitive and goal-orientated
- Tackles projects and situations assertively, but with tact.
- Enjoys overcoming challenges, including objections/resistance, and achieving goals in the face of obstacles.
- Proactive and self-driven
- Sense of urgency to get things done quickly, efficiently, with discipline.
- Persistent and decisive.
- Able to see the bigger picture and to flex when necessary to meet wider business goals.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.