Business Development Lead - Spain
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Ricardo Certification Business Development Lead
Department: Ricardo Certification Iberia
Reporting to: Business Manager Spain
Ricardo Certification Iberia based in Madrid belongs to the Ricardo Rail Division, a world Class leader delivering engineering services in the rail world. Whilst the work directly contracted to Ricardo Certification Iberia is certification and assessment work (NoBo, DeBo, ISA, ASBO, etc), the work for Ricardo Rail is rail engineering (and sometimes non-railway) consultancy and design, which engineers are encouraged to participate in.
Ricardo Certification provides independent assurance services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across signalling, infrastructure and rolling stock to clients including infrastructure managers, train manufacturers, equipment manufacturers and maintainers. Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Ricardo Certification is a Notified Body for the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs), an Assessment Body for the European Common Safety Method (CSM-RA) and an Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) for signalling systems. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Due to expansion, Ricardo Certification Iberia are recruiting for a Business Development Lead to lead our growth plans and to champion further, our strong brand within the Rail Industry. As an industry leading rail consultancy, we are looking to attract an experienced sales professional with rail industry experience, who can demonstrate past achievements in developing key stakeholder relationships and who has succeeded in a sales target environment along with demonstrable technical experience. Due to the immense opportunities within the rail industry in Spain and Europe, and considering the infancy of this role, this high-profile position will be both a challenging and rewarding role and will give a sales professional the opportunity to deliver against all the flagship rail projects within Europe.
Ricardo Certification Iberia is embarking into an exciting evolution stage, continuing to offer our established professional services, but also to drive new and innovative areas of service to our current, and potential new clients. If you join us, you will become part of a market leading, fast-paced and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible levels of service and advice.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage the sales and opportunity funnel using Ricardo’s internal systems
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company's customer base and ensures its strong presence within the rail industry in Spain
- Maintain close, client/key stakeholder relationships with the overarching objective of building an appreciation of and alignment with the client’s critical business goals, challenges and desired outcomes
- Validate that opportunities are a right fit to Ricardo Certification, and that the viability of the opportunity will ensure both sales and commercial success
- Champion the Ricardo Rail brand within the industry
- Maintain intelligence on the competition and other key players in our market segments
- To feed market intelligence back into the organisation for the development of future service offerings and team capability
- Develop and/or support proposals, including technical and commercial aspects, and to lead and co-ordinate larger bids
- Undertake fee earning work through support on technical projects
- As part of a team, provide world class delivery, leading quality and technical excellence, and to drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- To provide Leadership in other roles where possible e.g. People Management, Project Director for key clients or high value projects
- Ensure technical delivery is in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards
Qualifications / Experience:
- A strong track-record in business development within the Spanish rail sector (specifically within Independent Assurance) is essential
- Proven success in developing long term client relationships and the development of new business
- A wide appreciation of all rail disciplines and competencies
- The ability to develop proposals including technical and commercial aspects, and to lead and co-ordinate larger bids
- Technically credible (must possess a relevant technical degree) with demonstrable experience in a Senior Independent Assurance role within rail
- People management skills would be an advantage
- Fluent in Spanish and English – able to negotiate and present complex technical items as well as contractual arrangements in either language