Analyst Consultant, Intern
- Role type
Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 40 years ago, is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 4,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 550 companies, including 50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team.
Alongside the emergency response services, we also offer a range of regulatory compliance services (including REACH registration and representation, authorisation and evaluation, technical document authoring (SDS, etc.)), software packages for managing SDS and chemicals, as well as training and crisis consultancy and incident notification. This role is to join the regulatory team as part of our Poison Centre notification services – an important and growing part of our business.
Today NCEC is part of Ricardo PLC’s subsidiary company, Ricardo Energy & Environment; a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, air quality, transport, water, environmental and our chemical risk expertise with strong marketing, IT and economics capability.
One of our fastest growing areas is that of Poison Centre compliance related to Article 45 of CLP. NCEC is seen as experts in this field in the market for a number of years and have now conducted 1000’s of notifications for a growing number of customers. We have work to deliver and an excellent pipeline of opportunities and are looking for the right person to come and join our activity in this area which we have high ambitions for. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to come and make an impact in an important area of our business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of Poison Centre activity reporting to our Product Manager. The role includes;
- Understanding the regulatory landscape and being an expert in this field (we offer training and support to upskill you if you are not an expert today in Poison Centres)
- Organisation and customer management skills, allowing you to manage your own work and supporting our project manager in managing our clients
- Great communications skills – proactively engaging with colleagues delivering work in this area and in the wider practice.
- A great team player – able to understand priorities, flex your different work packages to meet deadlines prioritise work of high importance etc.
Key competencies and experience:
- Ideally a background in Poison Centre compliance or related e.g. REACH and CLP.
- Producing high quality technical consultancy with great attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously (once trained)
- Ideally have and maintain knowledge of the regulations affecting the worldwide chemical industry, in particular supply regulations GHS and CLP.
- Keep up to date with market trends and developments and provide technical support to colleagues in the development of new service offerings
- Contribute ideas to the development of business strategy with respect to regulatory consultancy
- Good communicator and team player
- High attention to detail is key
This is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for an important and growing area of the NCEC portfolio and an important part of our growth strategy.
Ricardo Energy & Environment strives to be an equal opportunities employer