- Role type
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The organisation has delivered strong growth in the environmental sector over the last few years and we are at the centre of Ricardo PLC’s strategy for the next 100 years of the business with the backing and support of the PLC for substantial growth.
A key objective of our strategy is to grow the value of revenue generated through products and solutions within our Environmental Evidence & Data (EED) business, complementing our existing consultancy revenue streams.
This sales executive will be a new addition to the organisation dedicated to working within our EED business and alongside our sales, marketing & communications team. We are looking for a dedicated sales executive who will lead on sales activities, such as developing relationships with new prospective customers, marketing campaign follow-up and cold calling. You will work as part of a team, to enable opportunities across a suite of high-value, market differentiated products and solutions. You will be supported by our marketing team and subject matter experts, to deliver business development activity fundamental to our continued growth.
EED is our largest practice and is internationally renowned for its technical expertise. The practice has defined clear and exciting growth plans that you will be an important part of. You will have a demonstratable track record in designing and delivering successful calling campaigns and be a fast learner, able to understand our product suite quickly and over time to a high-level. Coaching and support will be provided by our existing professional team - helping you to achieve high performance every day; accurately managing your lead-pool and delivering value to customers (both internal and external).
The role will benefit from the right balance of autonomy and support, helping the successful candidate to maximise their own expertise to the benefit of our business. The key objective of this role is to generate leads, sustainably grow our sales funnel and generating new revenue streams. This is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your expertise in a growing business.
- A proven track record of successful calling campaigns
- Seek opportunities to add value for clients and ensure excellent customer experience is maintained
- Expert outbound call maker using consultative sales techniques to uncover client needs.
- Work with marketing to review, challenge and develop campaigns to maximise success
- Design a sales plan with a clear focus on growth
- Be able to quickly pick up the basics of new technical areas such that you have fluency when call making
- Utilise CRM to input and manage leads through the sales process
- Pass qualified leads to sales or technical teams with good levels of detail and knowledge about the prospect and work with that team
Key competencies and experience:
- Proven experience of B2B sales calling and lead generation.
- The ability to understand and explain services with technical and regulatory focused personnel through to C-level decision makers and developing compelling solutions tailored to client needs – a consultative approach is therefore essential.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and ability to overcome client objections
- An interest and / or experience in the ‘environmental’ sector
- Experience of Microsoft dynamics CRM
The successful candidate will have examples of displaying the right behaviours for success and an understanding of what these are and how to replicate them to consistently deliver at a high level. Strong values and a cultural fit with our organisation will be an important part of our candidate consideration.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer and are happy to discuss flexible working within this role.