- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Commercial Manager
Department: Ricardo Rail UK
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to work within our commercial team and alongside business development teams, Business Managers and project managers to provide commercial support across the project life-cycle. This is a fast-paced and challenging environment, offering you the exciting opportunity to work in support of a range of interesting and diverse technical disciplines and to contribute to a growing consultancy. Good risk management of its commercial activities is at the heart of any business and this role will give you the opportunity to contribute to this key area.
The primary part of the role will be to facilitate advice on contracting terms and conditions, and to provide commercial input to the management of tenders and contracts.
The role will also provide support and direction to the company on procurement, tendering, marketing, supply chain management, customer satisfaction, CRM system upkeep as well as general commercial support to the business. Management and direction of other staff working in these areas will be required.
The Commercial Manager provides commercial support and expertise throughout the business, ensuring that the financial and commercial interests of the Business are optimised, contractual obligations are met, internal governance is adhered to and associated risks are highlighted and actively managed.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As an integral member of the commercial team, provide commercial and contractual advice in the preparation of expressions of interest, tender submissions and other proposals to both private sector as well as public sector clients.
- Liaising closely with the in-house legal team, review and negotiate the contractual commitments of the business.
- Ensure the commercial arrangements of all sales contracts maximise rewards with an appropriate balance of risk.
- Provide guidance on all commercial aspects of new business development opportunities from inception through to successful delivery.
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management throughout the project life-cycle.
- Identify, establish and maintain client procurement or supply chain portals and ensure relevant requirements, alerts and leads are engaged by the company.
- Contribute to driving best practice/continuous improvement initiatives within the commercial function.
- Be a champion and professional advisor for Ricardo Rail Supply Chain management processes.
- Identify, suggest and assist managers with implementing change and developments to commercial processes and procedures to meet future business demands and improve current efficiency.
- Contribute to internal guidance and policy documentation on commercial issues.
- Ensure documentation/data/information and tasks are planned, evaluated and processed in accordance with local business requirements, Governance and agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that activities within their area of control are carried out in line with internal Governance procedures and contractual requirements.
Qualifications / Experience/ Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of commercial contract management and negotiation, with proven ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Legal, business or purchasing qualification.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ability to use business systems (CRM, SharePoint, SAP).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and manage other staff across department boundaries.
- A sound working knowledge of commercial contract law.
- High levels of written, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.