- Role type
- Bristol, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
At Ricardo Energy & Environment we help governments and businesses across the world address environmental challenges through our world leading consultancy expertise and innovative technical solutions. We combine energy and climate change, air quality, resource efficiency, sustainable transport and chemical risk expertise with our strong digital services capability. We’ve got some ambitious growth plans within our digital services team and we’re looking for talented front-end developer to join our team.
Our ideal candidate will have strong front-end development as well as interface design skills, excellent organisational skills and be an enthusiastic contributor to our team.
- Commercial experience building responsive user interfaces for websites, web applications and mobile platforms
- Using versioning systems (Git), task, test and release management tools
- Working collaboratively with software and non-software professionals
- Building interfaces with usability and accessibility compliance
- Drupal 7/8
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Webpack / Webpack Encore
- ReactJS / Sencha ExtReact
- Basic knowledge of Redux, MobX or any state management skills
- Basic knowledge of ES6 (babel)
- Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) / Service workers
- Web Map Service, Web Feature Service
- Graphs and Charts (HighCharts)
- MVC frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel)
- Commercial product development
- Agile development processes
- Consultancy experience
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Unit testing
- Graphic design background (Adobe photoshop or illustrator)
Well organised, with the ability to accurately estimate and deliver high quality work
A good team player with good face-to-face communication skills
Interested and able to learn and apply new technologies, keeping current
Good customer and commercial awareness
- IT or computer science degree is desirable
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.