- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Chemistry Graduate
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Role ID: 2023 - 2192
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
At Ricardo, we are seeking Chemistry graduates to be part of our Emergency Response (ER) team. Our vision is to create a safer planet, and as a Chemical Emergency Responder, you will play a crucial role in delivering real-time advice and support for incidents involving hazardous chemicals, contributing to the well-being of communities.
- Valued contributions: Your passion and expertise will be recognised, making a positive impact through your work.
- Flexibility: The role is on-site and shift-based, however, the rotation pattern can provide some advantages such as mid-week time off.
- Competitive package: Enjoy a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package, including annual leave, a competitive pension scheme, life assurance, professional subscriptions reimbursement, and a variety of lifestyle-oriented flexible benefits. After successfully completing training you’ll also be eligible for a shift allowance.
- Career development: Active support to grow your career at Ricardo, access to internal and external training and personal development opportunities. Training will be provided for this role.
This role is for you if you have
- Educational Background: A degree in Chemistry.
- Analytical Thinker: Strong logical and lateral thinking skills to solve complex problems.
- Independence and Motivation: Thrive in an autonomous role, taking responsibility for challenges and steering your career development.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide top-notch customer service and convey scientific concepts accurately.
- Flexibility: Willingness to work in a rotating shift pattern, ensuring 24/7 availability for ER services.
- Desirable Experience: While prior experience in a customer-facing or technical chemistry role is advantageous, graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Driving License: A current UK driving license is required.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide chemical advice to callers dealing with incidents, such as chemical reactions, fires, spillages, and exposures.
- Ensure availability of Ricardo’s ER services during your shift.
- Communicate directly with customers in the chemical sector through telephone and written reports.
- Contribute to project work supporting the development of ER services and other technical consultancy areas.
- Progress towards a deep understanding of level 1 chemical emergency response and expand your knowledge in chemical and product safety.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.