Middle East Waste Infrastructure Lead
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Middle East Waste Infrastructure Lead
Location: Saudi Arabia
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Waste Infrastructure Lead to join our Waste team in Saudi Arabia.
This is a new role, to reflect our ambitions to expand our team’s presence in the Middle East to provide our clients with local support on the regions ever expanding pipeline of projects.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to work in an expanding international market.
To be successful, you must be willing to relocate to Saudi Arabia.
A particular focus will be supporting clients through the infrastructure development process from initial feasibility and concept development through to the supervision of construction and handover. In this role, you may be expected to get involved in a broad range of projects covering thermal, mechanical, biological and chemical treatment.
You will support clients by:
- Pre-procurement support, including input into the development of business cases, needs assessments and feasibility.
- Due diligence for development projects and operational assets.
- Production of technical specifications and documentation.
- Bidding for new projects and opportunities.
- Project Engineer / Owner’s Engineer / LTA / Process Design Engineer for various facilities.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing client relationships and interpreting client expectations into successful project delivery. You will spend a significant amount of time in client offices.
- Executing Project Management and/or Project Director role.
- Leading on the provision of technical advice relating to treatment processes with support from other technical specialists as well as technical due diligence on studies relating to waste treatment processes.
- Act as Technical Advisor to public and private organisations regarding the delivery of waste infrastructure.
- Production of feasibility and scoping studies to assist clients in making financial investment decisions.
- Produce basis of design documentation to assist procurement services.
- Ensure designs follow established best practice and meet H&S, legislative and user requirements. This includes cost limits and time scales.
- Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the design intent is maintained.
- Monitor (and comment) on sub-contactors works as required on projects.
- Ensure cross discipline collaboration with internal and external engineers.
- Manage the work carried out by Junior Engineers.
- Apply for this role if you have:
- Understanding of waste infrastructure investment opportunities and risks for recycling, recovery and thermal treatment facilities.
- Understand the waste infrastructure and policy landscape, market drivers and dynamics in the Middle East.
- Ability to critically analyse design, manufacturing and technical engineering matters to bring them to conclusion.
- Ability to identify market opportunities and build and grow existing client base
- Engineering qualification (chartered status) with broad technical capability in the field of waste treatment processes.
- Aptitude to interpret waste market information and data sources, including investment drivers.
- Ability to write clear, concise, accurate reports.
- Skills to communicate (verbally and written) technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients.
- Experience in mentoring and supporting the development of Junior Engineers.
- Experience working in a consultancy or similar environment.
- Commercial expertise with experience of different contract forms.
- Fluent in Arabic.
- Desire to be market facing and function as the Ricardo Middle East lead in infrastructure.
- Experience (or involvement) in site-based engineering projects in the Middle East.
Skills and behaviours:
- Commercially minded.
- Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position.
- Able to meet (multiple) deadlines, manage and deliver competing priorities.
- Receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.