Safety Assurance Consultant
- Role type
Ricardo Canada, Inc., is looking for 2 Safety Assurance Consultant to join our team immediately. Our head office is located at 160 Elgin Street, Suite 2600, Ottawa, Ontario, K0A 3P0. Our current project office is located at 97 Front St W., Toronto, ON, M5J 1E6. In this role, the employees will be working primarily from our current project office along with at other client sites throughout Ontario and, where appropriate, remotely.
These are permanent, full-time positions of 40 hours/week with an annual salary of between $160,000 to $180,000/annum (depending on experience) plus benefits including medical and pension, along with 20 days’ vacation. In addition to salary, discretionary bonus payments and yearly discretionary salary increases may be provided based on performance. Relocation benefits may also be available. The language of work for this position is English.
The main responsibilities for these positions include:
- Managing and directing the safety assurance review for wide-range of client infrastructure projects, and ensuring that the project and assurance deliverables are compliant with all relevant local and international safety and technical standards;
- Developing internal project-based processes for execution of safety assessments;
- Devising tools and techniques to develop and inspect technical projects, and identifying or tailoring best practices by, among other means, conducting global market research;
- Liaising with clients to review technical information, drawings, construction plans and layouts for projects;
- Developing risk assessments and presenting them to clients and internal teams;
- Leading safety engineering activities for a wide range of rolling stock, signalling and infrastructure projects to ensure compliance with relevant safety standards;
- Leading safety assurance for the client, ensuring that project is compliance with relevant international safety and technical standards such as EN50126, EN50129, or IEC 61508, and/or CSM-RA;
- Organizing the delivery and maintenance of internal auditing schedules and reporting on their findings and conclusions;
- Overseeing the ongoing testing and final approval phase of railway projects and related infrastructure, and providing regular reports to clients;
- Liaising with clients and contractors on project progress, issues and technical matters;
- Directing and reviewing the work of members of the technical team and providing feedback or further development recommendations when necessary;
- Preparing technical reports on quality assurance for clients and regulatory authorities;
- Presenting technical and commercial information to internal and external audiences, and facilitating workshops and meetings as needed;
- Overseeing on-site safety of teams, and, as needed, planning and providing professional development activities and workshops on HAZOP / HAZID;
- Conducting technical analyses and reviews of Engineering Safety Management documentation and project assurance deliverables; and
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals, leading our company in the bidding process, and collaborating with other teams to support business development activities.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Degree in science, engineering or closely related discipline;
- Extensive experience in the area of safety assurance management within a consultancy environment;
- Experience working within the project governance side of an organization;
- Experience providing progress reports, managing competence, and developing and maintaining an audit schedule;
- Extensive experience working with relevant international safety and technical standards, such as EN50126, EN50129, or IEC 61508, and/or CSM-RA;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite and appropriate specialist software, including Changepoint and MS Dynamics;
- Valid certification as a Chartered Engineer or equivalent preferred; and
- Membership in an engineering professional association preferred.
Applications can be submitted online on our website (https://apply.ricardo.com/vacancies/). If you have any questions about the role, please contact Harmi Basran on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your resume and cover letter upon submission of application. Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.