- Role type
We are looking for a highly capable Assistant Accountant to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Day to day accounts requirements (MYOB): includes accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations including accurate and timely recording of financial data of project costs;
- Check and prepare subcontractor invoices, employee expenses, credit card reconciliations, for processing and payment in MYOB;
- Managing correspondence, documents and filing systems relating to general accounting, Payables and Receivables
- Collecting and processing receipts for reimbursement for employees and contractors via Harvest software; Ensuring correct coding in MYOB
- Preparation of month-end accruals and all balance sheet reconciliations; journal, fixed asset and depreciation;
- Weekly timesheet review to ensure in line with project requirements;
- Update of Harvest software including adding new projects, updating billable rates as per project contracts, timesheet & categories management;
- Prepare, review and management of customer invoices including reimbursable costs in a timely and accurate manner;
- Travel and Expense arrangement and management for projects;
- Monthly forecast reporting to clients;
- Preparation of monthly payroll including leave and superannuation entitlements and STP obligations;
- Maintenance & reconciliation of payroll information for all staff in MYOB and interface with HR system;
- Preparation and payments of all payroll tax obligations, including annual reconciliations for Ricardo Australia Group;
- Assist with tender and new project costings;
- Draft correspondence and letters for client requirements;
- Coordination of Sub-Contractor of agreements
- Organise and co-ordinate staff travel as required
- Assist in process improvement and system enhancement initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting; and
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Advanced experience with MYOB accounting software package;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including MS Excel;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Strong numeracy and a high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication; and
- Proactive, organised and able to meet deadlines.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Ricardo Rail Australia:
Ricardo Rail is a global rail consultancy that provides specialist engineering services to help clients navigate the rail industry's operational, commercial and regulatory demands.
With extensive experience across all key disciplines, from rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications, to energy efficiency, safety management and operational planning, we support a client portfolio that ranges from some of the world's largest rail manufacturers and operators to niche component suppliers.
Our team in Australia consists of more than 150 engineers, project managers and technical specialists engaged in major rail projects covering rolling stock, system engineering and accreditation services. With office in 10 countries, Ricardo provides broad coverage to the rail industry and proudly possess a reputation for developing flexible and thoughtful solutions to the many challenges faced by our clients
To learn more about Ricardo Rail please visit our website: https://rail.ricardo.com/ or our linked in page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ricardo-rail/