Sales Development Representative
- Role type
- Home based, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Sales Development Representative / Sales Executive
Location: Flexible ( Office or home based)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
The organisation has delivered strong growth in the environmental sector over the last few years and we are at the centre of Ricardo PLC’s strategy for the next 100 years of the business with the backing and support of the PLC for substantial growth.
Key to our strategy is to grow our business in the private and strategic public sector. Our private sector client base has been growing rapidly following sales and business development focus, as well as acquisition over the last 3 years, and now accounts for over 25% of our revenues. We are looking to achieve significant further growth in new sales, and are looking to hire an experienced business to business sales development representative to work with and support internal teams with dedicated sales skills, focusing predominantly on outbound calling activity. This will be a combination of marketing campaign follow up and qualification, as well as cold prospecting
The sales executive will be a new addition to the organisation sitting in our sales team. As we continue to grow the business, we require more focused and experienced sales resource to support outbound prospecting, including direct cold calling alongside following up specific marketing campaigns.
The objective for this role is to provide our internal clients, consultants across the R:EE business, a resource to lead on the follow-up activity to the internally generated marketing activity to maximise the effectiveness and the returns.
The key focus for this role is to provide specific lead follows up support to the wider R:EE organisation as necessary from a range of campaign and marketing-based activities including events, webinars, white papers, PR etc., as well as direct cold prospecting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark in a growing business. Reporting to our SDR Team Leader and working closely with the wider sales team, consultants and product leads across the organisation, they will need to understand the requirements of the role, be highly experienced in delivering successful calling campaigns and be able to pick-up the basics of new topics and subject areas quickly to help deliver on the range of different topic areas the business has. Coaching and support will be provided by our existing caller and sales and marketing leadership helping the successful candidate to achieve high performance every day; accurately managing their lead pool and delivering value to customers (both internal and external).
The role has autonomy to help determine focus, messaging and capitalise on areas of success. The key objective of this role is to generate leads and therein win significant orders from private and public sector clients.
- Develop a lead bank of prospective customers cross-industry for the relevant business areas within the organisation.
- Develop and implement calling campaigns to support marketing generated campaigns across the wider business, and generating call-based messaging based on the campaign material.
- Work closely with key members of the sales team across the wider business to co-ordinate activity and realise the greatest returns.
- Utilise consultative sales techniques to uncover the client’s needs.
- Implement tools and processes that maximise the impact of the outbound activity on all campaigns.
- Liaise with the wider business to develop messaging, and to pass through fully qualified leads to subject matter expert consultants with good levels of detail and knowledge about the prospect
- Seek opportunities to add value for clients and ensure excellent customer experience is maintained
- Work with marketing to review, challenge and develop campaigns to maximise success
- Quickly understand the basics of new technical areas such that you have fluency and patter when developing and implementing call-based messaging.
- Utilise Microsoft dynamics CRM to input and manage leads through the sales process
Key competencies and experience:
- Proven and demonstrable experience of business to business sales calling and lead generation.
- The ability to understand and explain our services with technical and regulatory focused personnel through to C-level decision makers and developing compelling solutions tailored to client needs – a consultative approach is therefore essential.
- The ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders across a wide range of specialisms.
- The ability to quickly and effectivity qualify the interest of a prospect.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and ability to overcome client objections.
- Experience in using a CRM system to manage and maintain lead records
- This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
- Experience in the ‘environmental’, ‘sustainability’ or consultancy sector
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.