- Role type
Performs all aspects of test operations under the supervision of engineers including build, set up, test plan execution, and data collection of developmental engines, transmissions and vehicles ranging from simple to complex technology.
- Sets up test cells for engines, transmissions and vehicles by modifying and/or fabricating certain transmission, engine and vehicle components for test
- Selects, installs, calibrates, and checks sensing and data acquisition equipment
- Assists in the design specification and troubleshooting of test cell and test object electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanicals for problematic operation
- Performs engine, transmission, or vehicle builds
- Monitors critical functions of engines and equipment while operating test cells
- Records or coordinates the recording of test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method
- Performs preliminary analysis of results
- Acts as liaison with other departments and with clients where appropriate; may participate in presentations to clients
- Suggests new process improvements
- Contributes to planning own activities on a project and monitoring/controlling costs, while working within engineering principles and company specifications and practices with regard to calculations and other variables affecting test results
- Delivers superior levels of customer service to both internal and external customers while demonstrating Ricardo's core values of respect, integrity, creativity and innovation, and passion
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), plus technical training such as trade school, apprenticeship, or Associate's degree
- Two years of related experience installing, maintaining, and servicing electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment with progressively more years of increasingly complex experience for each grade
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the installing, maintaining, and servicing of electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment.
- Will need to supply personal tools (general mechanics hand tools)
- Mig and tig welding experience may be required
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task
Required skills/knowledge/background:Experience in an engine test environment. Ability to perform basic electronics troubleshooting and diagnostics. General working knowledge of PC hardware and software.Unique skills and experience needed: As the size of this group is somewhat limited the candidate must be flexible with available working hours. It will be required to gain at least a basic understanding of all equipment used within this group.