Signalling Safety Assurance- Consultant/ Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai
Multiple Roles & Level of Seniority Available.
Ricardo Rail is seeking people who have signalling system development experience with a focus on the safety criticality of the system. As a technical specialist you work on providing professional safety assurance to a variety of customers in railway signalling industry across Asia.
The role is to be filled by experienced specialists who are technically capable and also project manages.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
• To apply industry knowledge and professional judgment in collating, analyzing and synthesizing appropriate data in line with industry standards and company procedures
• To produce high quality, technically accurate reports and other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements.
• To plan and implement project and programme activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time
Page 2 of 3
• To provide supervision, guidance and coaching to less experienced colleagues and ensure that project activities are undertaken in line with company procedures and authority level
• To develop new tools/techniques to meet the needs of clients, identifying best practices from other markets or countries as required, and teach new skills to others as appropriate.
• To provide support as required in business development activities, including contributing to proposals, and advise the appropriate manager of potential business opportunities identified.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Be degree educated in a suitable discipline
• Experience in signalling equipment development that have had a focus on the safety criticality of the system.
• Has good subject knowledge and awareness and capable in specific areas of a certain topic. Possess significant practical design/application experience and able to work independently on projects with little or even without a guidance.
Candidate should possess at least one of following topics/subsystems/equipment:
- Train Control and Protection Systems for traditional or high speed line railway, for example ETCS or CTCS, including Trackside – RBC, TCC, LEU, Balise, etc. and Trainborne – EVC, SDU, BTM, STM, etc.
- Train Control and Protection Systems for metro line, for example CBTC, including Trackside – ZC, DSU, LEU, Balise, etc. and Trainborne – EVC, SDU, BTM, etc.
- Interlocking and Train / Vehicle Detection, including Computer Based Interlocking, Track circuits, Axle counters, etc.
- Signalling Safety Platform, Track circuits, Axle counters, etc.
• Good understanding and practical application experience of EN50128/EN50129
Candidate should possess at least one of following topics:
- Software Assurance – EN50128 (or IEC 61508-3), Software Integrity Services are provided to minimise software failures, where failures could present a significant hazard to the system in which it is used.
- E/E/PE Assurance – EN50129 (or IEC 61508-2), E/E/PE safety principle and safety design technique conformance with System safety integrity level 3/4 to minimize hardware failures, where failures could present a significant hazard to the system.
• Ability to prepare professionally presented, structured, and concise written business documents.
• English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
Page 3 of 3
• IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite and appropriate specialist software, e.g. FTA & RBD software applications
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Preferably possess a railway signalling or relevant background
• Experience in auditing/assessing is preferred
• Be able to demonstrate success in relationship building
• Be able to liaise with customers to maintain continuous communication in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
• Have proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with other team members to identify practical and effective resolutions to performance issues and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
• Have a visible passion for the rail industry
• Be able to project manage from proposal to closure
• Be versatile and adaptable, able to operate