Rolling Stock Safety - Consultant / Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Direct, Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Multiple Roles & Level of Seniority Available
Ricardo Rail is seeking to fill Rolling Stock Safety Consultant position to support our projects and deliverables in rolling stock, in Japan.
The role is to be filled by experienced specialists who are technically capable and also manages projects.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail and external clients on rolling stock projects, engineering practice, potential solutions.
- To produce high quality, technically accurate reports and other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements.
- Liaise with consultants and contractors on project issues, and interface with clients on both a technical and contractual matters.
- Manage and lead projects as required, controlling budgets, quality and timeliness of deliverables and working with resource managers to utilize the right people.
- Develop proposals and undertake business development activities to enhance client relationships and secure further work to achieve sales targets.
- Interface with domain experts from other disciplines within the Ricardo Rail global business.
- Oversee and review the work of other consultants as required.
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of your area of expertise.
Qualifications / Experience:
- You will be degree educated in a suitable engineering discipline.
- Successful delivery of own areas of responsibility, including quality deliverables, on time and to budget.
- Analytical and methodical problem solving.
- Rolling stock domain expertise.
- A visible passion for the rail industry.
- Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Safety engineering and safety case development for rolling stock projects.
- Risk Assessment techniques including the participation in the HazID process.
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing.
- Japanese language skills: advantageous although not essential
- IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite and appropriate specialist software