Senior Consultant / Consultant - Energy and Carbon Management
- Role type
- Bristol, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Purpose: To support in the delivery of private sector sales and technical excellence in our energy and carbon consultancy – in particular our corporate and private sector business delivering energy management, corporate GHG reporting, assurance, carbon management, supply chain analysis, cultural and behaviour change.
Key competencies and experience:
- Winning and delivering consultancy projects to public and private sector customers
- Client management, business development and the management and delivery of project work.
- Understanding of, and experience in working with or within, business on energy, carbon and climate change issues, from key mechanisms for corporate action to the design and delivery of consultancy solutions.
- Be able to drive forward the development of propositions appropriate to a wide range of customers, and deliver successful proposals to new clients.
- In particular, the need to be enthusiastic, articulate, personable, technically focused and driven to engage and win new customers.
The role will provide management on a range of energy and carbon related services to a diverse client base ranging from investors, financial institutions, public sector bodies to corporates. You will have proven experience in the field of energy or carbon, and have up to date knowledge of the key models and techniques being used currently when carrying out appraisals.
You will also demonstrate some of the following:
- Experience of energy management and industrial energy efficiency
- Experience of carbon management
- Business development and client management skills
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement business improvement solutions
- Knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to apply change management techniques
- The ability to develop and deliver project plans and programmes from inception to completion
- Effective project management skills
You will have a Science, Accountancy or Engineering qualification/background with practical career experience with a focus on delivering a selection of the following:
- Energy management and industrial energy efficiency
- Carbon management and reduction strategies
- Taking forward funding and overseeing project implementation
- Green investment and funding
- Energy and carbon regulation including ESOS, CRC and EUETS
- Knowledge of onsite renewables, energy storage and DSR
- GHG inventories and carbon footprinting
- Scenario analysis and science based targets
- Experience of implementing energy optimisation strategy in the facilities management and / or construction industry, EPC or ESCO models
- Energy reduction management, asset reviews and audit surveys
- Understanding of construction technology, building services engineering and renewable energy solutions
- Component studies and options appraisals (CRoI), Life cycle costs, Renewable energy payback analysis, Payback (CRoI), NPV, DCF, smoothing & sinking funds
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark; you will have support from the wider business for your own career development into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an extremely attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.