Developer - Mathematical Modelling of Complex Systems
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximise efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
A vacancy has arisen for a software developer based at our Prague Technical Centre to join the team that develops our IGNITE 1D Modelica based system simulation product. This position is responsible for the implementation of the IGNITE product as well as it’s associated Modelica component libraries
- Delivery of software projects to specification and on time to ISO 9000/TickIT quality standards with appropriate documentation and reviews.
- Working individually and in team situations.
- Supervising team projects.
- Liaising with other department members as necessary to develop requirements and solve problems.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following
- Applicants should be at least degree-qualified in engineering/computer-science or an equivalent technical discipline.
- Some experience with system modelling and simulation, ideally using Modelica but experience with Simulink or similar tools also considered.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a geographically diverse team environment.
- Ability to communicate at a technical level in English.
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- Experience working in a scrum/agile environment
- An interest in powertrain and vehicle engineering
- User interface design and implementation
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Graduate rotation programme
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel both to other Ricardo locations and client´s sites
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.