Rail Lead Assessor
- Role type
- Closing Date
Position Title: Rail Lead Assessor
Department: Ricardo Rail Certification - Denmark
Ricardo employes worldwide over 2900 consultants of which 700 engineers are dedicated to rail and operating globally including offices in UK, Holland, ME, Asia and Spain and Denmark.
Ricardo Certification Denmark is the leading 3rd party assessor in Denmark with contracts including the National ERTMS implementation and the three light rail projects.
Ricardo Certification is accredited against EN17065 and EN17020 besides other standards. The projects are delivered using global teams including Ricardo resources from UK, Spain and Holland besides own local resources and subcontractors.
Ricardo Certification Denmark has long term assignments and is expanding. Therefore they are now searching a new Rail Lead Assessor.
The position includes fronting the clients as the lead assessor combining own assessments with domain assessors.
The ideal lead assessor is a senior engineer with at least 7 years’ experience from rail and who can demonstrate a broad understanding of Signaling Principles, Signaling Design, Signaling Installation, Interlocking and Point Systems as well as Level Crossings Provision and Lineside Signaling.
Also, understanding of Train / Vehicle Detection, Train Control and Protection Systems and Signaling Command and Control Systems is necessary.
The lead assessor should be able technically to lead a team doing assessment and is seen as a team player, proactive and with proven interpersonal communication skills. Patience in dealing with client and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes.
The lead assessor should preferable already be able to work with and understand CSM and other safety related processes. We expect the candidate have worked with safety documentation and procedures before.
The lead assessor will project wise report to the project manager and report directly to the Business manager responsible for the Danish site. The assessment projects are carried out in a matrix organisation with participation of specialized assessors from the global organisation.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
• Apply industry knowledge and professional judgement in collating and analysing appropriate information in line with industry standards, including legislation, guidance and company procedures.
• Perform high quality, technically accurate assessments and prepare documentation including safety notices, progress reports, safety assessment reports, risk analyses and audit reports within agreed timescales and budgetary requirements.
• Check the work of support assessors and provide constructive feedback as required. To interface with and coordinate work performed by domain assessors from other disciplines within Ricardo Rail.
• Plan and implement project related independent safety assessment and safety engineering activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time. This will involve interfacing with clients and regulatory bodies such as National Safety Authorities. Required to manage projects in relation to safety engineering and assessment, including leading and motivation team members.
• Supervise and mentor less experienced colleagues and confirm that project activities performed by less experienced colleagues are undertaken in line with company procedures and authority levels. Encourage technical development of those being mentored.
• Develop new tools/techniques to meet the needs of clients, identifying best practice from other markets or countries as required, and teaching new skills to others as appropriate.
• Assess technical submissions from clients as required and as appropriate to your domain competence.
• Present technical and commercial information authoritatively to internal and external audiences, and facilitate workshops and meetings as required.
• Where appropriate, to take an active role in business development activities, drafting proposals in response to ITTs and leading the bid process, demonstrating market knowledge and applying commercial acumen appropriately.
• Provide technical and commercial input to proposals for new projects within the field of safety engineering and assessment.
• Pursue continuous professional development to build experience and expand knowledge and experience.