Software - Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Rail is seeking a senior Railway Software Engineer - Senior Consultant to take a leading role in delivering consultancy for clients in railway projects.
The role we are seeking to fill is that of a good domain knowledge of railway safety critical software engineering is essential and a detailed understanding of such systems and how they interface and operate with each other at an engineering level is key.
As a Senior Consultant you will be client focused and will spend a significant time dealing with our clients to ensure we deliver our services efficiently and understand the clients’ needs and requirements. We require all our consultants to interface with Clients and other project stakeholders at both a technical and contractual level.
You will be required to take on a range of projects including consultancy, safety engineering and RAMS and so will be able to understand the processes and procedures and their implementation. As a more senior member of the team you would also be overseeing work being undertaken by less experienced engineers, providing advice and assistance at the detailed level. As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client and that of others within the team to timescale, cost and quality.
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail and external clients on railway software engineering practice as well as potential solutions.
- To apply industry knowledge and professional judgment in collating, analyzing and synthesizing appropriate data in line with industry standards and company procedures.
- To produce high quality, technically accurate reports and other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements.
- To plan and implement project and program activities, ensuring that they are undertaken within agreed resource parameters and delivered on time
- To provide supervision, guidance and coaching to less experienced colleagues and ensure that project activities are undertaken in line with company procedures and authority level
- To develop new tools/techniques to meet the needs of clients, identifying best practices from other markets or countries as required, and teach new skills to others as appropriate.
- To provide support as required in business development activities, including contributing to proposals, and advise the appropriate manager of potential business opportunities identified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 8-12+ years’ experience in domain expertise.
- Be degree educated in a software discipline as well as possessing a railway relevant background
- Has good subject knowledge and awareness and capable in specific areas of a certain topic. Possess significant practical design/application experience and able to work independently on projects with little or even without a guidance
- Good understanding of EN50126/ EN50128/EN50129
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- English: Fluent in speaking, reading and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking, reading and writing
- Preferably have auditing/assessing experience
- IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite
- Ability to prepare professionally presented, structured, and concise written business documents.
- Have a visible passion for the rail industry
- Be able to project manage from proposal to closure
- Be versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure as needed
- Be flexible to travel as required